Reversing Falls

Has anyone done the Reversing Falls in St. John on the thrill ride? Is it worth it? How far is it from the cruise ship terminals? Any best way to see the difference in the reversing falls times?

Thanks

Has anyone done the Reversing Falls in St. John on the thrill ride? Is it worth it? How far is it from the cruise ship terminals? Any best way to see the difference in the reversing falls times?

Thanks

If it is a nice day in Saint John you can easily walk to the Reversing Falls Park in about half an hour by going along the Harbour Passage walkway. The volunteers who meet every cruise ship will be happy to point you in the right direction. It is also a less than 10 minute taxi ride and is on the bus routes.--Again, the volunteers can show you where to catch a bus to the Falls Park. The best way to appreciate the "reversing" aspect is to visit at low tide and then again at high tide--or vice versa.

I have never had the nerve to try the jet boat ride but I know many people enjoy it very much. The water will be very cold and you will get soaked so take a change of clothing.

Does the ship stay in port long enough to witness the tide change?

There are two complete tidal cycles every 24 hours---that is, from high to low to high again x 2. Therefore it is about six hours between each high or low.

If you go to www.cruisesaintjohn.com and click on the "visit Saint John" drop down, you will find a tide schedule. You will also find the cruiseship port schedules on this site, so you can see your port times and if other ships are scheduled to be in port on your day.

I hope you have a great cruise.

We didn't do the thrill ride, instead we took a taxi tour out to Fundy Trail Parkway and St. Martin's. Had an awesome taxi driver - Liam. He showed us whatever we wanted and was very pleasant. He even emailed me pictures of the difference at the falls because we weren't there long enough to see the tidal difference. I can pm his cell phone # if you'd like.

Here are pages from the book I did after the cruise for that day.

8-15-07NB.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
We didn't do the thrill ride, instead we took a taxi tour out to Fundy Trail Parkway and St. Martin's. Had an awesome taxi driver - Liam. He showed us whatever we wanted and was very pleasant. He even emailed me pictures of the difference at the falls because we weren't there long enough to see the tidal difference. I can pm his cell phone # if you'd like.

With the taxi tour, did Liam suggest places to go? I'm struggling with finding what to do/where to go for this day....:confused: If you don't mind, I'll take his info! Thanks

There are two complete tidal cycles every 24 hours---that is, from high to low to high again x 2. Therefore it is about six hours between each high or low.

If you go to www.cruisesaintjohn.com and click on the "visit Saint John" drop down, you will find a tide schedule. You will also find the cruiseship port schedules on this site, so you can see your port times and if other ships are scheduled to be in port on your day.

I hope you have a great cruise.

Thanks for the website. More information to read about your city.

Here are pages from the book I did after the cruise for that day.

8-15-07NB.jpg

We are traveling with 4 year old twins and liked seeing you with a child on a pony. Could we get Liam's phone number?

We are traveling with 4 year old twins and liked seeing you with a child on a pony. Could we get Liam's phone number?

Actually the little girl is riding a mini horse. Here is their website:

http://www.fundyfarmcottages.com/

From website:

For our small guests... Gather up your reins.... You're in the driver's seat behind a Miniature harness horse. Our delightful minis will pull an adult and small child combo on a cart ride around the farm. Shrieks and laughter are the norm as the horses pick up speed on the final stretch back to the barn. Saddled Miniatures carry children up to 50 lbs. Safety is uppermost and all riders are led, with tiny ones steadied by a parent. Wee foals are born in early summer and even the most timid of children will want to pet and hug them. Saddle rides are $7.00 , cart rides (usually 2 passengers) $14.00. For staff time for pasture tours we ask a donation in the barn door box.

:) hi, am very interested in seeing and exploring the sea caves, both at low tide and again at high tide. any pointers on how to do this and with whom?

thanks...jeff

;)

I think you could do this on your own with a car rental. If you mean exploring by kayak, there are outfitters in St. Martins that can help you out. Your biggest obstacle, if any, is time management. It's almost an hour drive from Saint John and an hour back - plus it takes hours for the bay to empty / fill up with water. Times depends on the day you arrive.

Archived