Food on Cruise for 1 yr old

loti

Sorry for all the questions.

My son will be 1 by the time we go on our cruise. e is currently just starting to learn to drink from a sippy cup and eating small cutup pieces of cooked veggies and soft pasta. Does anyone know how the cruise line will accomidate him for food. I don't want him eating chicken fingers etc.. will they maked steamed veggies and other items for him to eat?

Again we are first time parents and looking for all the info we can to make this cruise very enjoyable for him and us.

Oh, a little background on him. he is a very happy baby who is pretty easy going and he eats alot...:)

When my twins sailed at 13 months, there was always a ton of healthy stuff for them to eat at each meal. Eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal at breakfast. For lunch and dinner there are always steamed veggies avail, plus pasta, soups, mashed potatoes, etc. My girls especially loved fettucini alfredo and salmon. It was the healthiest they've eaten of any of the cruises that came after because now they know about french fries, pizza and all the junky kids food that's offered (now that they're 3, I let them have kids meals at lunch and they eat off the adult menu for dinner).

Best,

Mia

Oh there will be so many options you won't know what to choose. :) They can bring plain pasta if you ask. They have loads of fruits/veggies available.

Mia is right about the soups, the soups are great. You can always pick the veggies out of that and they will be soft.

Just talk to your server, tell him what you are looking for and he will make suggestion.

Have a great cruise!

I am not sure what cruise line you are going on but we went on Carnival Conquest sept 2007 and we have a disabled child that can only eat pureed food and they did such a good job with thim. The hostess would visit us at our table every nite with a menu for the next day and I would pick what he was going to eat the next nite and htey would have it all pureed and ready for him when we got there. They were wonderful so I am sure they can accomodate you easily.

One piece of advice that we found helpful was to request what you wanted the night before in the dining room. Our 1yr old loves peas on broccoli and so we always just told the waiter the night before what we wanted for her the next evening (peas, carrots, mashed potatoes, whatever). Worked out reasonably well. We also brought some sort of snack food (cheerios, etc.) to the dining room with us so that we could keep her occupied while waiting for the food to arrive.

Archived