Getting Married in St Thomas???

gfurlotte

Hi there....We have just returned from a cruise vacation where we got married on beautiful Magen's Bay beach in St Thomas just 2 weeks ago. We utilized the services of Cheryl and her team at VI Weddings and I have to tell you, it was the most stress free and amazing day. Being from another country, it is always a scary experience dealing with someone you have never met and you always have seeds of doubts as to whether you are getting involved with a company that may not deliver the goods on your special day. That in itself would be disasterous wouldn't it? I have to tell you, Cheryl made it more then we could have ever hoped. The setting on Megan's Bay beach was awesome, the service was elegant, and the photographer made us feel so comfortable. Cheryl was extremely helpful with all of her questions to ensure we got exactly what we wanted and she delivered it all with such ease.

If any of you ever want to get married in St Thomas, I would highly recommend Cheryl hands-down.

Anybody wanting to know more can e-mail me at grant_furlotte@hotmail.com and I will gladly answer any questions.

Grant :)

• 2 weeks later...

We too were married in ST in 2006 with Cheryl. I agree with everything you wrote. I would recommend her to anyone planning a wedding in ST.

Everything went GREAT!!! She took care of every detail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another idea is to get married at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef location. My wife and I got married there in 2006. They have a very nice gazebo that overlooks the ocean (this is a way to have a wedding near the ocean but not get your dress all dirty through the sand). We had about 20 guests but they have an area that can accommodate many more. Ours turned out very, very well. Congratulations on your recent nuptials!

P.S. Marriott uses a separate company called "Weddings in Paradise" They had various packages that included the cake, decorations, filming, pictures, and set-up. Just contact Marriott and they will direct you accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

We used weddings the island way and was disappointed. Dealt with 3 different coordinators and things got mixed up. Person who was supposed to do my hair and makeup fell through, didnt get the flowers I asked for, a different minister and vows than what I was told.

Archived