New Orleans- safe hotel for young family?

bernieb86

Hello- we're booked on Fantasy. Any suggestions on where to stay in New Orleans that is nice and safe for a family with kids 8, 11 and 13? Not sure what we're going to do for the night that we're there either! Thank you for any advice you can provide. :D

Most places are safe for families, and there really is quite a bit of family type things to do. A lot of people only see the "wild" side of New Orleans, but it really is a family oriented city. If you want to stay in the French Quarter I'd go with someplace like Place d'Armes - which is right on Jackson Square. It's far enough away from Bourbon Street that you wouldn't have to deal with the party crowd. If you don't want to stay in the Quarter there are lots of good places. Good places for families include the Drury Inn and the Staybridge Suites - both on Poydras.

Hello- we're booked on Fantasy. Any suggestions on where to stay in New Orleans that is nice and safe for a family with kids 8, 11 and 13? Not sure what we're going to do for the night that we're there either! Thank you for any advice you can provide. :D

The Hilton riverfront is right in the center of activity and has a trolley pickup right out their door. Everything is within walking distance from there as well.The aquarium,and Imax is steps away, as well as the riverfront mall.Just a suggestion,I'm sure there are others. I wouldn't stay anywhere without checking Tripadvisor.com and reviewing hotels.

We have cruised out of New Orleans twice and have stayed at Hampton Inn and I beleave it is called the St. Charles Inn, both in the Garden District. The St. Charles Inn is nice for familys. The trolley car is right across the street and the kids would like the ride into the city. I like staying in the Garden District it is much cheaper and the trolley is right there to take you into town.

Archived