info about HoHo buses in Florence and Rome

Help please-can you wait until you get to the cities and walk up to the station for one or two day tickets to ride the hop on hop off buses? thanks-love the info on these boards

Yes you can. From what I observed there is a minimal line (if at all.)

As the others have posted, you can wait until you get there to buy your tickets, but then they will be in EUROs. I wanted to know my tickets were already paid for, so I went to www.viator.com and reserved almost all the tours, etc. we want to do.

In Rome, I think there are 3 different Ho/Ho companies. Viator is a green bus, then there is this red bus http://www.roma.city-sightseeing.it/eng/index.htm and others have talked of a bus 64???

The red bus has buses in all the major Italian cities (Pisa, Naples, Florence, Sorrento, etc.) and if you save your first ticket, you get 10% off of subsequent tours. I was first going to utilize their services, but you couldn't buy tickets before hand, so decided to go with Viator, so everything is already purchased for our Oct '08 cruise.

Have a great trip!

Archived