Bar Credits, Shore Exursions-- Infinity to Alaska 9/15/05

akissa

This will be our first time going to Alaska and cruising with Celebrity. Does anyone know if it would be beneficial to purchase bar credits? and would it be better booking shore excursions elsewhere?

we just came from a mexican riviera cruise on Carnival and we found that bar credits help cut the bill. and not booking excursions through carnival helped save us money!

thanks!

I too agree with Lynn as to shore excursions. Alaska was breathtaking! All my excursions were planned from info on the boards and I saw everything and then some!! I can't stop talking about this trip:) Be aware though, excursions can run a bit of $$. Budget Queen has some great advice.

Definitely book your excursions with independent contractors and as soon as you are firm that you are taking the cruise. I started contacting the people we went with about this time LAST YEAR for the cruise we just took. I confirmed dates with Captain Larry in Juneau just after the first of this year. nannyny2002 confirmed a month later and ended up booking a later time than we did. They do book up that far in advance. Just remember the caveat that booking independently means the ship will not wait for you if you are late. However the contractors in the ports depend on the cruiselines for their business and will get you back to your ship. They are also cheaper than those offered by the cruiselines.

As far as buying bar credits, I cannot help you as we didn't drink at all on our cruise. However, I would rather have money working for me than sitting in the account of the cruiselines.

Archived