strange question

johndana274

Maybe my kids are from another planet but.....

I find that the more Mom & dad like something and the cooler we think it is...the more they hate it!

Seriously though, my kids are spoiled and taking them on vacations (and believe it or not we encourage them as it's our only family time together with our hectic lives) it's like pulling teeth. You'd think that we were dragging them to labor camps or something. But....crusies are different. No problem getting them on those.

There are some things you can do to get under their skin though

Formal picture night...make sure you hit every setting and do like 37 poses for each one. They love that!

Act like idiots on the Lido deck. My favorite pastime is embarassing them.

Maybe a too tight speedo with sandals and black socks for dad. Dance like nobody is watching.

oh I have plenty but times up for now

ROFL at OP!!

Sure way to keep kids - especially teens - away from 'rents??? Embarass the heck out of them, by being your parental self! Works every time!

Seriously, I haven't been on a cruise with my DDs because they were both adults by the time we took our first cruise. So, now it's a job trying to convince them to spend time with us on a ship - guess we embarassed them too much when they were teens. LOL

Have fun,

Diane

My wife and I have been on five cruises now without kids. This is our time to be husband and wife instead of mom and dad.

My dilemma:

In August we are taking our kids (10,13) with us for the first time. Should I make sure they hate it so they don't want to go again? I know selfish here, but can anyone give me suggestions to make them miserable?

Somewhat in jest!

Good luck in making them hate it. We took our kids back on 06 and they loved it. They are driving us crazy to take them on another one. All 7 of them are hooked now. Even the 4 year old still talks about the cruise.

they will love the cruise,and you can still have tons of alone time,the kids will be busy with the kids program,all you have to do is give them a few bucks so they can get something to eat or drink,and they will be gone on their own,make sure they know that, they are suppose to be on their best behavior:rolleyes: ,have a great cruise,this isnt anything to sweat at all dont worry it will turn out perfect:))));)

I have the opposite problem. I try to bribe my 3 adult children in their 20s to come with us. All that I've accomplished thus far is my youngest son cruising with his girlfriend - without us! :p At least my daughter is still stuck with us for family vacations! :D

For the record, I'm available for adoption...

Take along a stinky old aunt with bad breath and a mustache who loves to pinch their cheeks and kiss them in front of their friends ... or a grandma who snores really loud, sings karaoke, and dresses like she's still got a hot bod and room them together. That should do the trick! :p

Seriously, though ... my dh and I take our 3 daughters every time we cruise. We get plenty of alone time because the kids LOVE Camp Carnival. Also, we get rooms across the hall from each other and put the 3 girls in one, us in the other ... adjoining rooms are o.k., but harder to get sometimes and sometimes you can "hear too much" through the doors iykwim ;) . I think you guys will have a ball with them ... and if not, next time bring the stinky grandma along and room them at the opposite end of the ship ... that way you can have meals together, but be alone when you want to.

We're taking our kids (DS 13 & DD 10) in August as well. They've cruised before, so they know what they're in for! Don't worry, you won't see much of them! They'll be having their own fun. I bet you'll be in bed before them!:p

Archived