elderly snorkeling St.Thomas/Tortola

carribbeanmic

We snorkeled in St.John (cruise tour from St. Thomas - ferry) and had a great time. They ferried us to St. John and then open air taxi to Trunk Bay. Very pretty. I don't recall there being much physical activity or steepness in order to get to the beach from the parking lot. Reef starts about 10-20 yards from shore. Reef is pretty, but not vibrant as I had pictured it to be, seems like lots of damage from visitors - fins hitting it inadvertantly, etc. All in all, we had a great day. Beautiful beach.

One of the best areas for snorkeling in our opinion in St. Thomas is Coki beach.

You can get a taxi from the cruise terminal, I think we paid about 10 dollars pp.

The beach is very gentle sloping and the fish are great. This is the beach where they have the Coral World so there are lots and lots of fish. We did this just over a month ago and loved every minute.

The taxi will come back for you if you arrange this and the stalls sell fish food $1 and well worth it.

We paid about 5$ for a chair also. There are bathrooms for changing and a few stalls selling drinks etc. I am sure this would suit your parents we have never been disappointed and we have been there about 4 times.

Archived