Diving Eastern Caribbean - pick 4

cruisin 07

Can't afford to dive in each port. Can do 4. What to you guys recommend as the best, not to miss ports. This will be next month. I am a novice diver.

St Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Kitts

Another subject. Thanks to all the input from my previous post I purchased a Sealife Mini 321 and external strobe. The cost for both was alittle more than the cost of a new camera and housing. Looking forward to trying it out. Now I just have to practice.

Can't afford to dive in each port. Can do 4. What to you guys recommend as the best, not to miss ports. This will be next month. I am a novice diver.

St Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Kitts

Another subject. Thanks to all the input from my previous post I purchased a Sealife Mini 321 and external strobe. The cost for both was alittle more than the cost of a new camera and housing. Looking forward to trying it out. Now I just have to practice.

Didn't dive Barbados and now im kicking myself for missing it

Wasn't real impressed Diving St Lucia may depend on your Dive operator

St Thomas I liked used http://www.admiraltydive.com/ they are a small operation but they picked me up at the dock and brought me back after dive. Nice bunch divers making diving enjoyable.

Antigua: Don't know, did Zip line adventure with wife and I would do that again

Dominica: never been there but I have read its nice place to dive.

just my

2psi

St Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Kitts

My picks would be:

St Thomas(Good)

Dominica (Don't Miss) Primo Dive

Barbados(Good)

St Lucia(Good)

Hi,

I agree Dominica is the don't miss spot to dive on this cruise. We have gone with Dive Dominica several times and have had the time of our life every time. I always request to dive at least one of the walls (they have two). Sometimes we get lucky and get to dive both of them. They are so vividly colored it looks like willy wonka made them. I can't wait to go back again!

I have been diving in St. Lucia a couple of times as well and I find it is very crowded and therefore less pleasant - although it is very beautiful.

I haven't been diving in the other two spots.

Have a great trip

Barbara

St Thomas

Dominica

Barbados

St Lucia

Antigua

St Kitts

Last year I dove in

St. Thomas - Coki Beach, the boat dives were good with Peter

Dominica - very good, with Aldive

Barbados - good wreck dive at Stav, then drift dive; with Westside

St. Lucia - very good dives, one at Superman's flight, with Fair Helen

Antigua - very good dives, with Antigua Divers at Falmouth Harbour (south Antigua, other parts of Antigua may not have as good diving)

Our group arranged to do dive/snorkel combo in the morning, followed by island tour. It worked out very well.

Archived