Cali shipwreck

cruisemom101

I would have to agree, there did not appear to be any way to easily get out there, except by boat. It's not too, too far off shore, but still not something I would advise attempting to swim out to, even if there was a good entry point on shore. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is copied from the "Compiled Info" post:

Cali shipwreck @ Hammerheads restaurant, is about as far to the left as you exit the pier as Eden Rock is to the right - about a five minute walk. The two are a good 10 minute walk from each other. …there is public access just past Hammerheads …a couple of blocks to your left from the tenders. it's never crowded … ate lunch at Hammerheads (recommended for fresh catch seafood lunch) Snorkling at Hammerheads backyard - you can enter the water via their ladder, …. the beach behind Divers Down was the easier entry. Some glass around, so watch your step. I asked a waitress at Hammerheads if she would put my stuff behind the bar and she was ok with that, I tipped extra for the service. The pieces did resemble a ship. Wreck is about 30 yards offshore. We did swim out there from shore - right behind Rackums Pub. There is no platform for resting. It's a little bit of a swim out there but once you get out there you can just float on the surface and look around.

• 2 weeks later...
30 yards? That's not much of a swim from shore. If you can't handle that, then you probably shouldn't be snorkeling in water over your head.

I would have to agree.

I think its more than 30 yards but from the looks of this pic its not too much more than 30 yards.

And if you get a drink from Hammerheads they use to watch your stuff for you, I think they have lockers now. Leaving from hammerheads the wreck is even closer.

caliEntrance.jpg

Archived