Divers, Anyone have an Atomic M1?

nashwl

Im looking into buying a regulator and this one seems like the best fit for me. Does anyone currently have one and can offer their opinion?

I would suggest http://forum.scubatoys.com/ and posting this same question there. The members of that forum offer a huge amount of knowledge that you may find helpful in making up your mind on a reg purchase.

i have a set of legends by aqua lung love em, although i only have 4 dives on them

I agree on the Aqua Lung Legend series. I have the Legend Supreme (cold water model) and I love it.It is a great breather and no worries about freeze up.The Legend breaths the same at 150 feet as it does at 50 feet--simply smooth.I also have a Aqua Lung Titan on my pony bottle.The Titan was my first reg and is a great product but you do get a little breathing resistance below 100 feet and it is not enviromentally sealed.I do think they make a enviromentally sealed Titan now but there is not much difference in cost between it and the Legend.

Im not a fan of cold water, lol, so probably not. Maybe some day, but not any time soon.

I usually dive the Caribbean, or local dive spots that are power-plant heated. I am certified for deep diving and will be getting Nitrox eventually. That is what drew me too the M1.

Price isnt a big deal. I dont dive enough to spend the 1200 for the Ti2, but 700 or so is about what I am looking at.

I also know Atomic has ``the name.''

Have you checked scubadiving.com for their gear reviews?

I have an Aqualung Impulse and a Mares MR-12 I'm happy to dive with either one. The Mares breathes a little easier, but I think the factory Mares mouth piece is exceptionally uncomfortable. The Aqualung mouthpiece is better, but still not nearly as good a seacure mouth piece.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the top name regulators. I'd put Atomic, Scubapro, Zeagle, Mares, Aqualung, Sherwood, Apex and maybe a few others in that list.

I

I also know Atomic has ``the name.''

Not sure what "the name" is, but they are good regs. I only dive Apeks because the shop I work for is a dealer and I can get 'em for next to nothing. During my IDC, I borrowed a guy's Atomic just to try it...I like my Apeks better. I have two sets of XTX200s with XTX40 octos, and an older set of ATX50s. They all breathe great.

Dale

PADI OWSI

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate everyone's help and advice. I talked some shoppin around at the local dealers and even the non-Atomic places were very high on them. I ended up with the Atomic Ti2.

Thanks again :)

Don't forget about the June sale at your LDS. Most clear out last years stuff in June, and reps preview their new toys!

Anytime I have a need for new equipment, I try to wait until the big sale in June. Good luck!!

Didnt know that, and Ill have to keep that in mind. Im actually pretty lucky. Our local Atomic dealer only runs the SCUBA shop as a side buisness for his wife to have something to do. His prices are already very hard to beat!

Archived