Is there a bank near the port?

leeleecc

Sure. Royal Bank of Canada, ScotiaBank, Bank of Butterfield, Cayman National Bank, and First Caribbean Intetnational Bank all have retail bank branches downtown within easy walking distance of the port.

There are probably another 100 or more (many more) banks with offshore offices in George Town. I know Bank of America has an office, but no retail banking operation. They won't accept a cash deposit there for one of their own accounts.

You may also get Cayman currency in your change. Cayman coins come in 1 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, and 25 cent denominations. Cayman bills come in $1 (blue), $5 (green), $10 (red), $25 (brown), $50 (green and purple), and $100 (rust orange) denominations and are distinguished by different colors. Older $50 bills are just green - the purple was added about 5 years ago.

I saw that subject line and cracked up. It is like asking whether there are any short people in the Emerald City (Wizard of Oz).

I giggled too because the island is one bank after the other.:D My hubby and I couldn't get over how many there was.

Archived