Holiday Ship "circle C"

melcruiser43

DH, myself and my 12 year old stepson are going on Holiday on May 29th cruise. First for all of us so I hear we are in for a treat. My stepson is very nervous about meeting other kids on board. He is typically very outgoing in his circle of friends but as far as meeting new kids, tends to be a bit backwards. Can anyone tell me about the teen club? Any help would be appreciated.

Melanie

I have never been on the Holiday, but the teen clubs on the ships I have been on seem like a fun popular place. For some reason cruises always bring strangers together as friends and teens are no different. I'm sure he will have a great time.

I have never been on the Holiday, but the teen clubs on the ships I have been on seem like a fun popular place. For some reason cruises always bring strangers together as friends and teens are no different. I'm sure he will have a great time.

Thanks Smurfm69. I am trying to make him feel better any way I can since we had to practically make him go with us. He is a "home boy" but I know he will have tons of fun. Teenagers are funny at this age.

The best way for your stepson to feel more comfortable on your cruise is to join the Roll Call for your cruise. On the cc home page, click on Forums. Scroll down below the ship listings to the Roll Calls. Find your ship and find your sailing date. If you see that someone has already started a roll call for your sailing, join it. If you can't find your sailing listed, start a new one. You really meet some nice families before you get on board. Plan meeting times during your cruise too. It's also a great way to add more people to your excursions. You'll get some great advice this way too. Happy Sailing.

We just got off the Holiday in Feb. with my 12 year old son. It was his best cruise to date. He had so much fun in Circle C. I don't know if it was the activities or the fact they were with kids their age and older (12 to 14). There wasn't a whole lot of kids in this group so it was easier to make friends. Most activities are after dinner until midnight. Every night they meet in the disco for a party and then have activities after like swim under the stars, free arcade, make your own sundaes or games like basketball. The Holiday is a smaller ship so I felt more comfortable about him being on his own and he thought he was a big shot staying out until midnight. The only rules he had was he was not allowed to go into anyones cabin including any crew member and to come straight back to the room at midnight. He also carried a cell phone so we could check on him. Just tell your stepson to go with a positive attitude and he will have a lot of fun. All the kids are nervous at first and I always tell my son "just try it and if it's not fun you don't have to go back".

We just got off the Holiday in Feb. with my 12 year old son. It was his best cruise to date. He had so much fun in Circle C. I don't know if it was the activities or the fact they were with kids their age and older (12 to 14). There wasn't a whole lot of kids in this group so it was easier to make friends. Most activities are after dinner until midnight. Every night they meet in the disco for a party and then have activities after like swim under the stars, free arcade, make your own sundaes or games like basketball. The Holiday is a smaller ship so I felt more comfortable about him being on his own and he thought he was a big shot staying out until midnight. The only rules he had was he was not allowed to go into anyones cabin including any crew member and to come straight back to the room at midnight. He also carried a cell phone so we could check on him. Just tell your stepson to go with a positive attitude and he will have a lot of fun. All the kids are nervous at first and I always tell my son "just try it and if it's not fun you don't have to go back".

Thanks so much Jacky for the info. I will for sure enforce those same rules on my stepson as well. Cannot be too safe these days. Also, he is already excited that he can be on his own without us for a while. I know he will hook up with some other kid, it is just a matter of making himself available. Again, thanks for the info. I am looking so forward to our first cruise.

Mel

Archived