1st cruise on RCCL - need some help!!

We normally sail on Carnival and are taking our first cruise on the Freedom of the Seas next month and need some advice. What is the dress attire? Can children climb the rock wall?? What is there to do in Labadee? Also, can't decide on something to do in Ocho Rios and aren't sure we want to book a tour through the ship. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

the dress attire is going to be just like it would be on carnival really.

i wouldnt say they were really strict about it.

As far as the Rock climbing wall i would think its just like the Flowrider in which the parent would sign somthing for the child and they can do it as much as they want. how old is the child though.

and about your tours and things check out http://www.shoretrips.com

great site to see what every port of call has to offer.

hope this helps.

I watched a TV show not long ago about Freedom of the Seas. It was Samantha Brown on The Travel Channel. Go to the Travel Channel web site and look for Best Cruises. It was a great show about the ship and excursions in each port.

I watched a TV show not long ago about Freedom of the Seas. It was Samantha Brown on The Travel Channel. Go to the Travel Channel web site and look for Best Cruises. It was a great show about the ship and excursions in each port.

great show.

thought i was the only one who thought that :D

We normally sail on Carnival and are taking our first cruise on the Freedom of the Seas next month and need some advice. What is the dress attire? Can children climb the rock wall?? What is there to do in Labadee? Also, can't decide on something to do in Ocho Rios and aren't sure we want to book a tour through the ship. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Welcome to RCI!! We think RCI is a "wee-bit" classier.;)

First of all, how old/what size are your children?? That will decide if they can climb. I know there are restrictions on age, but not sure what they are.

Labadee is RCI's private resort. We LOVE it, because it isn't crowded like other ports. Only the people from your ship will be there, and lunch is included. It's beautiful with beaches, lots of activities, shows, and a water park for the kids. :cool:

Ocho Rios is one of our FAVORITE ports because of DUNNS RIVER FALLS. If your children are old enough (more than 5 or 6), you will LOVE "Doing the Falls". You can get a cab from the docks in Ocho Rios that will take you there, pay to go inside, and enjoy. Take Water Shoes / Aqua-Socks, because you will get in the water and climb UP the falls. :D It's GREAT!!

Hope This Helps.

To the OP, I don't know how old your children are, but if they are younger than pre-teen definitely check out the wonderful H2O Zone swim park just for kids. I wish I could have played there when I was a kid.

Your children will also probably enjoy the two parades that go down the central Prominade and they might enjoy the ice skating show too. Even if they don't try the Flow Rider surfing area, take them back there anyway to watch for awhile. It is so much fun to watch the antics. You will be very close to it anyway when you are at the rock climbing wall.

I hope your family will enjoy Freedom of the Seas as much as we did.

Someone just posted that the Travel Channel Freedom special is on again today - 2:00 p.m. EDT. Think I'll watch it again since I have cruises coming up on the Liberty and Independence.

Samantha Brown is such a dork :D but she does a very good job on the show talking about everything of the freedom of the seas.

I also saw the travel channel show with Samantha Brown and thought it was very informative. Anyway, we were in Jamaica a few months ago and went to a place called Bamboo Beach. It was all inclusive, great drinks and food, cultural shows, DJ, and good service. It is great for families with kids because it is close to the ship and the swimming area is not too deep. Check out their website www.bamboobeachclub.com , maybe this is a good option for you.

Hi! This is so funny - I just posted thread about Bamboo Beach Club. We discovered it by luck when we were in Ocho Rios and had the best time there. Great food and drinks, unbelieveable service, professional shows, and all really close to the ship. We spent the day just relaxing and enjoying the fun atmosphere. Oh - I even had a massage on the beach!!

Archived