Yankee Playoffs

mom1965

Let's see. A-Rod tries to dislodge a ball while being tagged. He's vilified. Curt Schiling starts the game by firing a 90+mph fastball at A-Rod's head. He's called a hero.

Let's get our heads on straight. It's fine to root against the greatest franchise in sports. Heck, its downright "french". But to turn a blind eye to Pedro's beaning of A-Rod in game 5, because the previous batter had just emptied the bases with a double, is just plain wrong.

BTW, when asked why the Yankees didn't bunt on the gimpy Schiling, a tactic that would have certainly; 1) put runners on base, 2) caused him discomfprt that the constant "better living through chemicals" shots couldn't help and 3) possibly ended his career, the Yankee Manager's response was "that's not what we do".

So, go ahead and have fun. Even if the Yankees do go down to defeat tonight, they once again proved they are a 1st class organization.

And, GO NL!!!

Win or Lose, The Yankees have more class than the Boston Red Sox. May the curse continue and if they do go on to the the World Series, I hope Houston or St. Louis kicks their @$$. May The Babe being looking down and give the Yankees the win tonight!!!! :D :D :D

Boy it's really getting thick and deep around here. BTW, A-Rod is an overrated, over payed PUNK and who is Sheffield's dealer??? Also, throwing up and inside at someone is part of the game...aka Roger Clemins!

GO SOX! Spank'em one more time!

You said it Gregg20. Cheating like A-Rod tried to do is not part of the game. And he had the nerve to cry about the interference call. Just because you make millions does not give you the right to do what you want.

GO SOX

Boy it's really getting thick and deep around here. BTW, A-Rod is an overrated, over payed PUNK and who is Sheffield's dealer??? Also, throwing up and inside at someone is part of the game...aka Roger Clemins!

GO SOX! Spank'em one more time!

Roger who?

Shilling is awesome, no doubt about that... a world series MVP etc... BUT... I really didn't enjoy hearing about what a courageous performance every third pitch.

We're talking about a professional athlete, he's doing his job. I'm sure Curt (yes with a C not a K) didn't look at his performance last night as courageous. The guy was throwing darts in the mid 90's. He's a WS MVP, league leader in wins. What he did last night was be Curt Schilling. I think that FOX and the media made way too big a deal out of his tendon. Don't get me wrong, he pitched awesome, but that is what you come to expect from Curt Shilling. If this had been hockey where guys play with BROKEN ankles it may be a different story.

As far as A-Rod goes, I don't think the play was that bad. If you don't try to dislodge the ball, you're out anyway. If you get away with it you're in great shape. If you can take advantage of a situation to win then great. It is the same reason that Maddux and others try to throw 6+ inches off the plate and get the bad call time after time. The downside here is it cost the Yankees as Jeter was not able to advance on the play

Kristen, As a Red Sox fan I was preparing myself for the usual let down. I was ready to congratulate the Yankees on a well played, and exciting playoff. I guess that makes me a fan of both the Red Sox and BASEBALL. You on the other hand show your true "pinstripes". Your team lost so you "piss on the winners parade". Yes, we know it's not over yet, at least for the Sox. Though it's against a true Yankee fans nature, try to be a good sport. Pat us on the back, say good game and move on! ;)

Regardless of who wins tonight(although I'm pulling for my Cards) as a baseball fan, you have to admit that ALL games both in AL and NL series have been great! Even if my favorite doesn't make it to the WS I will still watch because the games have been outstanding and I imagine will continue to be. What a season this has been and there are only 8 games (at most) left until no more baseball till Spring. Enjoy the games, they're bound to be exciting!

AWESOME performance by Derek Lowe and the Red Sox pitching staff. Hats off to them... although I don't exactly understand bringing in Pedro with an 8-1 lead, even with Lowe on a pitch count. Pedro is going to start game 1 on Sat???

Should be a good series - whether it is Cards or Astros, the Sox will see some much better pitching than what the Yanks could come up with

thanks tmmull, you said it great. Incredible series to watch and be a part of. I am so happy the Sox won and can't wait to watch the games and pray they win. This is their year. The Sox will win. It has been great baseball played by all the teams this year. It will be a Series to remember regardless who the Sox play. Let's hope for 7 games of incredible baseball.

cruisernh - I'm with you. We need some sleep. :D

Sleep, what sleep. I'm going on pure adrenaline today. Just bought my American League Penant T-shirt this morning. Any conversation I heard was about the game and the great comeback. Can't get enough of the highlights.

Congratulations to all you Bo Sox Fans! You certainly deserve to be in the Series!

My biggest thrill.......seeing Kevin Brown fizzle! Yahoo!

:D

Long time Giants Fan

Celia, although I am a long time DODGERS fan, I agree with you completely (this time) :) . Never was a Kevin Brown fan, even when he was a Dodger, so last night was sweet. Congrats to all the Red Sox fans. Kevin Millar is a local boy who, as I understand it, was not initially a star in high school -- he's an inspiration to my son now. Up until last night, I would have put my money on St. Louis, but now? Anything can happen!

LVcruiser, I also wondered if the two teams would shake hands at the end...when I brought it up to my 14-year-old son, he did his usual teen eye roll and just said "ohhhh puleeze, mom. Are you CRAZY???" Maybe next year we'll see our Gagne in the series!

Laurie

Archived