Yankee Playoffs

mom1965

I can't believe it! I know I'll wake up soon from this dream. Awesome TEAM! I'm glad to be a New Englander. Now, if the Patriots can win another Super Bowl this year........

hp_logo_homeopener.gif

AT LAST!

spacer.gif

Pigs can fly, hell is frozen, the slipper finally fits,

and Impossible Dreams really can come true.

The Red Sox have won the World Series

I can't believe it! I know I'll wake up soon from this dream. Awesome TEAM! I'm glad to be a New Englander. Now, if the Patriots can win another Super Bowl this year........

hp_logo_homeopener.gif

AT LAST!

spacer.gif

Pigs can fly, hell is frozen, the slipper finally fits,

and Impossible Dreams really can come true.

The Red Sox have won the World Series

This is truly a wonderful day!!!!!

Boy would I like to have tickets on the Red Sox Cruise!

But since I don't the flag will fly on our cruise

LONG LIVE RED SOX NATION!!

Want to bet it sells out today? It's the morning after and it still feels like a dream. Did I hear that they still have more games to play this year?

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Thanks Kristen for the congrats. Don't worry Kerry will not win. If he does we'll be right behind you :D . I'm sailing on the same date as the Red Sox cruise, think my wife will mind if we just go to Tampa instead of FLL?????

BOSTON RED SOX

2004 WORLD CHAMPIONS

I give them props. I am a New Englander who isnt quite as happy. lol But I do give them credit, winning eight games in a row. Impressive. Now if Kerry wins...ugh...I am moving to Canada. lol

Congratulation Boston Fans. Enjoy your win. The Yankees will be back in 2005. See you then. For Now Happy Cruising and Smooth Sailings. :D

We here in New England are all celebrating there WORLD SERIES VICTORY...GO Red Sox...this has been the best couple of days for all of us...we have waited for so long and it was so well deserved.....GO Red Soxes.....

We will continue the celebration throughout the weekend and for the rest of our lives.....Tomorrow is the HUGE Parade in Boston and possibly one here in Providence:D which I will be at both....

The Red Soxes have come a very long way and we will cheerish each and every moment of this VICTORY.........

Til next year, we will be ready for anything because at this moment no matter what "WE ARE UNTOUCHABLE...........GO RED SOX......"!!!!!!!

Still Smiling Ear to Ear....:D Listen, Listen..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh silence.....Loving IT.......

Just got back from a great cruise and turned on the computer. Naturally, the first thread on this message board I went to was this one to see what everyone had to say while I was gone. I have two things to say about the Series.

First, congratulations to Wog, Tom and all the Sox fans on this thread that have displayed the sportsmanship this great game deserves, and congratulations to the Red Sox for proving they are the best team in baseball this year. They did something no other team could do all season - shut down what could arguably be called the best offense in the game this year or others past. The pitching was phenomenal. Hats off to a terrific team. The fact that the Sox got some calls that maybe shouldn't have gone their way is not relevant; in each case, they most likely would have won the game anyway. The Cards lineup fell apart and they made more mental errors in four games than half of the entire season. The Sox simply outplayed them and it was a mighty display.

Second, the only thing that could mess up a cruise worse than not being able to pay complete attention to the games is having your team lose. I wore one hat to and on the cruise - my red Cards hat. I survived the ridicule during and after the Series, but it was heartbreaking. The team played so well all year and wound up with the best record in both leagues, I really expected them to put on a better show than they did. Maybe next year.

The one consolation to the loss was the looks of dejection and disbelief on the faces of all the Yankee fans on board when the Sox took it all during the final game. Watching them having to live with the fact that their arch enemy just broke the curse was almost as enjoyable as watching the Cards win.

BTW, Kristen, when you responded to my question of why you hate the Sox so much, you simply repeated my question by saying that you hate them. Maybe the question was too difficult. Sorry.

Just got back into town. I couldn't see the last 2 WS games, but I tip my hat to the Red Sox. They are the Cardinal's Daddy.

As I congratulated my Red Sox friends I told them to enjoy it for all its worth. It will never been the same.

My sister in NY has a friend who hates the Sox and their fans with a passion. She says it is pure hatred, pure and simple. Don't get it. I hate the Yanks, but what I hate about their fans is this attitude, not them personally. In fact in Red Sox Nation we respect their GM and Manager, it's the owner we can't stand.

Contrast this with the Card's fans. From what I read and listened to, they were extremely gracious for a team that had been swept. No excuses, but instead, congratulations. Even the sports station, which I listened to on the web, was gracious in the loss. The Cardinals fans are a class act and deserve better than a sweep by our team. Congrats Cards for a good season and I hope we meet again.

Just got back from a great cruise and turned on the computer. Naturally, the first thread on this message board I went to was this one to see what everyone had to say while I was gone. I have two things to say about the Series.

First, congratulations to Wog, Tom and all the Sox fans on this thread that have displayed the sportsmanship this great game deserves, and congratulations to the Red Sox for proving they are the best team in baseball this year. They did something no other team could do all season - shut down what could arguably be called the best offense in the game this year or others past. The pitching was phenomenal. Hats off to a terrific team. The fact that the Sox got some calls that maybe shouldn't have gone their way is not relevant; in each case, they most likely would have won the game anyway. The Cards lineup fell apart and they made more mental errors in four games than half of the entire season. The Sox simply outplayed them and it was a mighty display.

Second, the only thing that could mess up a cruise worse than not being able to pay complete attention to the games is having your team lose. I wore one hat to and on the cruise - my red Cards hat. I survived the ridicule during and after the Series, but it was heartbreaking. The team played so well all year and wound up with the best record in both leagues, I really expected them to put on a better show than they did. Maybe next year.

The one consolation to the loss was the looks of dejection and disbelief on the faces of all the Yankee fans on board when the Sox took it all during the final game. Watching them having to live with the fact that their arch enemy just broke the curse was almost as enjoyable as watching the Cards win.

BTW, Kristen, when you responded to my question of why you hate the Sox so much, you simply repeated my question by saying that you hate them. Maybe the question was too difficult. Sorry.

lvcruiser, you are truly an eloquent writter. Just proves that there are still gentlemen & women who appreciate hard work even when it goes against your team. Your Cards were an incredible team going into the off season and I had my doubts that we could beat you. Guess we just got all our collective acts together and pulled the rabbit out of the hat :o

lvcruiser, seriously get over it. Stop acting like you are so much smarter then everyone else, I never attacked your intelligence. You are a great writer, maybe you should look into that as a career choice. I am done replying to your comments, just not worth anymore of my time honestly. :p I congratulated the Sox fans, they did a great job. Time to move on and look forward to Yankees 2005 ...til then UCONN!!!!

lvcruiser, seriously get over it. Stop acting like you are so much smarter then everyone else, I never attacked your intelligence. You are a great writer, maybe you should look into that as a career choice. I am done replying to your comments, just not worth anymore of my time honestly. :p I congratulated the Sox fans, they did a great job. Time to move on and look forward to Yankees 2005 ...til then UCONN!!!!

GO HUSKIES!

My sister in NY has a friend who hates the Sox and their fans with a passion. She says it is pure hatred, pure and simple. Don't get it. I hate the Yanks, but what I hate about their fans is this attitude, not them personally. In fact in Red Sox Nation we respect their GM and Manager, it's the owner we can't stand.

QUOTE]

I find this a little funny since at a game I saw at Fenway last year there were nearly as many Jeter Sucks T-Shirts as there were Red Sox t-shirts. I think (to make a generalization which I am sure both groups of fans will deny) BOTH of these fans hate the other team.... not just "the owner"

PS - I am sure the opposite is accurate in the Bronx as well.... I have only been there once and the O's were in town

• 1 month later...

Archived