Yankee Playoffs

mom1965

We Are Travelling On Voyaher On October 8th, The Heart Of The Baseball Playoffs With A Very Large Group Of Yankee Fans Does Anybody Know For Sure If We Will Get To Watch The Games

Wtih luck, by October 8th it will be a moot point and the Yankees will suddenly have the free time to join you on that cruise.;)

Well, I might as well throw my 2 cents in....LOL

I don't care what AL team wins their series, as long as they'll be playing the Cardinals in the World Series!:)(hopefully not wishful thinking!)

To the original poster, I hope that you have a fabulous cruise and that you get to see the game that you wanted while onboard!:)

Good Luck Sox????? Who needs luck when your pitcher gets a HUGE strike zone and the A's pitchers get one the size of a postage stamp. This series is rigged. MLB wants the Sox to advance. They are dangerously close to disrespecting the Bambino's curse, which will in turn result in a curse on them. :D :D :D

Just had to throw in my 2 cents worth-GO SOX!!!! My DH is a Yankee fan (ugh! :eek: ) which makes for interesting TV watching around our house. However, I even have him rooting for the Sox this year-I think he's sick of watching me cry for our 30 years of marriage. Anyway, he better not jinx them! Oh, & by the way- Sox are 11-8 over the Yanks in regular play this year! As much as I would love to see the the Sox play the Yanks for the ACLS, I am still cheering for the Twins to send NY back to the Bronx!

Sandi

SScruising, I don't know how you and DH keep it together. I didn't know that these mixed marriages work LOL. Unlike last year, I have that feeling that this is the year. The Pat and Sox in the same year may be too much for New England to take. Unfortunately I am cruising next week and will be away from NESN and the Globe. Thank goodness for the Internet.

Let's Go Red Sox!!!!

SScruising, I don't know how you and DH keep it together. I didn't know that these mixed marriages work LOL. Unlike last year, I have that feeling that this is the year. The Pat and Sox in the same year may be too much for New England to take. Unfortunately I am cruising next week and will be away from NESN and the Globe. Thank goodness for the Internet.

Let's Go Red Sox!!!!

You will have to find a place on the ship to watch the games. They will be great. Especially the ALCS games. After this weekend we will be waiting on the winner of the Yanks-Twins.

Great reference to Dent!!! RedSox fans have to be some of the most ignorant fans out there. I would like to think that the baseball fan would be a fan of the game first and of his/her team second. That never seems to be the case with BoSox people though... this thread is fun, but it doesn't matter really... NOONE is beating the Cards this year... Renteria, Pujols, Rolen, Walker, Edmonds... forget it.

FYI - Ramirez, Shilling, Foulke, Ortiz, Millar, all "bought" via free agency or traded for cash... also of note Manny is "technically" the highest paid player in MLB while Pedro is the highest paid pitcher this season...

How is being passionate about a team not being a fan of the game? How is rooting for certain teams better/worse than not. Being at any ballpark is a great way to spend an afternoon, but doesn't it make it that much more enjoyable to watch your favorite team? Red Sox fans are ignorant? Yes, some are. Just like Yankees, Mets, White Sox, Cubs or any other area who is passionate about their teams. People in NY throw batteries at players on the field. People in Chicago go on the field and attack base coaches. Do not lump all people in with the acts of few. Because there is a deep seeded rivalry between the two clubs makes it intense and exciting. And most, but not all, Sox fans (as well as other teams) are also students of the game and know it very well.

Ortiz is a home run hitter, he is paid to hit home runs. That is why it is great to see. The hit was well over the wall and opposite field for him. Although I was a young child when Dent hit his home run, Bucky Dent was not a home run hitter, he was, back then, a weak hitting shortstop, as most were in the day. It was a surprise for him to hit that home run and it happened in a one game playoff game that clinched the division for the Yankees. So it was disappointing for some and heartbreaking for many others. I look forward to a great series and friendly banter. That's all it is. Some of my best experiences have been at Fenway Park with Yankees fans and the friendly back and forth.

and it sounds like VTS may be putting the Cards first before the game although I can not tell....... Does that mean you are not a fan of the game or are you a strong supporter of your team? Do you admit Lima pitched a great game last night even though he beat your Cards?

Wog - I must agree with what you imply about the differences between the fans of a team and the fans of the game. There is a difference between being a fan and being rabid. I am a die hard Cards fan, having been raised in St. Louis, but I am a fan of the game first. If my team doesn't make it, I will root for another. The Cards - Cubs rivalry is as famous as the Sox - Yankees. If the Cards get knocked out of the running early, I'll root for the Cubs. According to the sports announcers on television, that is one of the things that make the Cardinal fans so good - they will acknowledge good play and players on any team, not just their own. We are baseball fans and appreciate a good game whether we win or lose. Lima pitched an outstanding game last night, not to my surprise. When I got to work yesterday and noticed the line on the game was considerably in the Cardinal's favor, I thought to myself how wrong that was. I don't bet the sports book, but if I did, I would have bet against my own team. I have my wonders about tonight's game also, now that Lima has got the Dodgers fired up. But, in the final outcome, I still believe the Cards will pull it out. In my opinion, their toughest opponents will be the Astros. They owned the best record in Interleague play this year with an 11-1 record, so I don't think they will have a problem if they make it to the World Series.

"They owned the best record in Interleague play this year with an 11-1 record, so I don't think they will have a problem if they make it to the World Series."

The Tampa Bay D'Rays were 15-3 against the National Leage. They ended the season 70-91.

First off, Yankee fans arent the same as they used to be. The 70s are over and so are the battery throwing days. Lets be real. The Yanks have won four World series over the past eight years and not ONE time did the city of New York go into an uproar and tear the city up. Did they cheer and have fun and enjoy, YES!!! There were no flipping cars or setting garbages on fire. In fact, they have always been complimented on how they have acted.Another thing that I did notice as did the announcers in the Sox/Angels game...Sox fans looked tired and bored. Its almost like they were waiting for something to cheer about. Yankee fans cheer from start to finish...willing thier batters and pitchers on. Do I think Yankee fans are the best fans in the world, yes. I also know that Sox, Twins, Cardinal fans etc. think they are the best fans in the world. Americas great like that.

Now, do I think Yankees will get to the WS...I hope to high heaven. Do I think its going to be easy. H*LL no!!! When Yankees got to the WS last year after playing Sox they were drained. I just hope that pretty boy Pedro plays the game like a man and doesnt become a head hunter. I hope Ortiz can keep his cool...the Sox are hotheads and I hope they play the game like men and not spoiled brats. Heres to a good matchup and may the best team win.... ;) (Yanks....)

Baseball fans don't utter things like Jeter swallows, and Yankees suck etc... Root for your team, that is fine with me, but don't degrade yourself, the game or your intelligence by acting like a 3rd grader, like I have read in this thread.

I am an expos fan and cheer my team whole heartedly but I don't hate the Braves or Mets because they are the expos rivals. I am a baseball fan and I enjoy watching both the redsox and yankees. I am really looking forward to the ALCS, I just thought that some of the comments by the redsox fans in this thread to be "typical" of the kinds of things I hear here in VT and also on my many trips to fenway. Funny though, the Yankee fans I encounter (yes i've been to the Bronx for games too) don't seem as brash as the redsox crew.... perhaps it's the little brother syndrome that the bosox people have????

FYI - I am not a cardinals fan, I just feel they have the best squad this year, and I enjoy the baseball they play

Great to hear from Cards fans, Sox beat Yanks in 6 (finally) and then 1967 redeux!!

What a great thread, we get another 10 to 20 days of this.

What ever happened to the poor poster that just wanted to know if he/she could watch the Yankees in the playoffs?

Never travel during the playoffs or the march to the Super Bowl1

Never mind you Giants/Jets fans, you can travel whenever you want!

19 in a row and in between we beat the Yankees! who'd a thunk it?

Archived