What is Carnival's Ultimate Balcony Cabin?

winddawn

Hey Tom & Cheryl! How are you guys? Haven't chatted with you in a while? Have you guys ever done a wrap around? We're on the destiny in august and have the wraparound room# 6373 and cant find pics anywhere.

Hi guys!

Well --- on Carnival, if we aren't in the Owner's Suite (Fantasy class), then you will most likely find us in a wrap-around.

Until Carnival "downgrades" the Triumph, Victory, or Destiny to shorter (<7 day) sailings we likely won't be on one of them. If we are going to sail for 7+ nights, then they better have a supper club - something which those ships lack.

On the Destiny, is that a Cat 9A? I know that the corners are 9A's on Conquest class ships. You will have A LOT of space on that balcony no doubt!

Perhaps Carnival will surprise us with the DREAM (fall of 2009) - and provide for at least a couple of "super" suites with a jacuzzi on a huge balcony!!! (Well, I can at least DREAM) :D

Tom

Yes our cabin is an 9A and our friends booked the cabin next door so we will have the partition opened. I did not realize there was no supper club on this ship until just the other day. belive me i was not happy. i just assumed all 7+days ships had supper clubs. that's what happens when you assume. i already told our pvp to never book us on a ship without a supper club. but it was really my fault. i should have researched the ship more. we usually eat at the supper club about 3 nights out of the 7. bummer!!!! oh well! we will still have a good time. we are going to places we have not been to which is always nice. i think we are pretty much done with the carribean though. we are switching to the west coast for our next one or maybe europe. we are actually going to take a break from cruising for a bit. our niece came in from cuba surprising us. she cannot apply for her green card until March 2009 so she cannot leave the states even on a ship. so this will give us the opportunity to do land tours in the us which is something we have been wanting to do. or we could always do hawaii and alaska. i'm still pissed we will not be joining you guys on that B2B. oh well next time. give Cheryl a big hello for me. and i'm sure i'll see you around on cc. talk soon!

I am thinking you are right!!

LOL, did you wear camo gear as you were taking a couple of chaises to your cabin? lol..made me laugh!!

We were on the Glory a couple weeks ago and as we were leaving we ran down to look at the 9A balcony, # 7440 ...we liked it so much that we booked it for our Med cruise ...so now I better go buy some camo clothes to get some chaises!!! Oh and if they say anything, I will say "Tom and Cheryl said it was ok"..lol

Tom

We were in a 9A on the Glory a few years ago, when the ship was only a year or two old.

The first day at sea we gave the cabin steward a $20 and said we loved his service, but we thought there should be two lounge chairs on the balcony. He said he had a buddy who was a deck steward, we said we'd be glad to give the cabin guy a tip for his friend as well if the lounges appeared.

It took about a day, but there they were.

The only problems with the 9A's we found were detritus thrown down from upper decks, and the decks are cantilevered so if you're on a lower deck (larger balcony) the folks on higher decks can see what's going on with you.

Hi everyone!

I'm just in the process of booking a cruise and have the option to take cabin 6331 on the Miracle. Has anyone stayed int his cabin? Is the balcony covered at all - in other words, is there any shade?

Thanks for any info!

Christine

I have booked an aft wrap around on the Spirit (Stateroom: 11, MAIN 6329) for our first cruise ever/first trip to Alaska in September- we're celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. I could save $1500 by downgrading to a balcony gty, we haven't paid in full yet.

Do you think the extra $1500 is worth it? Remember we've never been on a ship before.

I have booked an aft wrap around on the Spirit (Stateroom: 11, MAIN 6329) for our first cruise ever/first trip to Alaska in September- we're celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. I could save $1500 by downgrading to a balcony gty, we haven't paid in full yet.

Do you think the extra $1500 is worth it? Remember we've never been on a ship before.

Worth the extra $1500? That depends who you ask. To us: YES YES YES

If that amount does not break the bank - then consider it $ well spent!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone.

Iwill be sailing on the conquest 9/20/09 with a few friends. We are trying to decide which cabins to chose. I don't know much about this ship. so if you don't mind I would like to ask a few questions.

1. what class of ship is th carnival Conquest?

2. There will be atleast 3 possibly 4 to a cabin, which cabins would you recommend?

3.Does anyone have some good photos of this paticular ships cabins and balconies?

Any other information you might think is helpfull, please share. We will be going to Key West and the Bahamas and would love to know about the Shopping, tours,restaurants and beaches.

Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

HANDS DOWN: 4228 or 4237 - they are (port and starboard) category 11's on Spirit class ships.

46462816_2cSur-L.jpg

The cabin is very nice as well :)

Tom

You convinced me, we just switched from 6230 to 4228 on the Miracle:D

Hey Everyone,

I know there are lots of experienced and past Conquest travelors out there. Please share your information and Photos if you have them. I checked out Webshots but didn't quite see what I was looking for. I have posted a few questins on this thread just a couple of posts back. If anyone could help I would be grateful!!!

Julie

Hey Everyone,

I know there are lots of experienced and past Conquest travelors out there. Please share your information and Photos if you have them. I checked out Webshots but didn't quite see what I was looking for. I have posted a few questins on this thread just a couple of posts back. If anyone could help I would be grateful!!!

Julie

Not sure if this has been posted yet (in this thread)...

43476784_rQvVZ-L.jpg

Tom

Hello Everyone.

Iwill be sailing on the conquest 9/20/09 with a few friends. We are trying to decide which cabins to chose. I don't know much about this ship. so if you don't mind I would like to ask a few questions.

1. what class of ship is th carnival Conquest?

2. There will be atleast 3 possibly 4 to a cabin, which cabins would you recommend?

3.Does anyone have some good photos of this paticular ships cabins and balconies?

Any other information you might think is helpfull, please share. We will be going to Key West and the Bahamas and would love to know about the Shopping, tours,restaurants and beaches.

Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

Julie.. I can't answer all your questions.. but I will try

1. The Conquest is a Conquest class ship;)

2. Never sailed with more than 2 people can't help you here..

3. Here is the link to all things Conquest..I am sure you can get or find answers here.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=474782

You should check out the Ports of calls board here .. for your questions regarding those.. as I have never been to either of those.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Happy reading:)

Tom always comes through with good pictures!

Tom, is this an aft camera shot of Conquest? Are the aft wrap cabins cat 9A or 11 on Conquest? Thanks for info.

Yes - those are the (Port side) aft 9A corner cabins. We were in Cozumel that day on the Miracle. Both ships headed home after that - and skirted Hurricane Dennis:

43476816_o42eW-L.jpg

Tom

I will be in 6483 on the upper deck of the Liberty in just under 3 weeks and that one we booked our first 9A wrap, thanks to all you guys on the boards drooling over these cabins......I will take lots of pics and video to post because I haven't found to much on this room. I found a good bit on the other corner 6452. So be on the look out for when I return to post a good positive review and lots of pics of our first 9a. Happy sailing to all

As a solo cruiser (except for once a year when I take "the kid" (my grandson), I am very picky about a balcony.

It absolutely must offer a place to sit, a table to set the drink on and an unobstructed view of the sea.

Those are the only 3 things I require.........

Hey Everyone,

I saw some photos of a 2 picture window cabin on the Glory. I was led to this link by firefly the photos were great. What I am trying to figue out now is, are the cabins on the Glory and the Conquest the same? Would anyone else be familiar with the 2 picture window cabin? The Thread I was reading was the Conquest Questin Thread. fireflys post was on one the last 4 pages as of 10:46 AM

Please Please help if you can!!!

Julie

HANDS DOWN: 4228 or 4237 - they are (port and starboard) category 11's on Spirit class ships.

46462816_2cSur-L.jpg

The cabin is very nice as well :)

Tom

Is there an equivalent cabin on the Conquest?

Thank you

Thank you

The Conquest class aft corners all have a large balcony - though not as deep, nor with quite the nice overhang as deck 4 Spirit class ships.

When we sail on Conquest class ships (thus far only the Glory), we sail in 6483 or 6452 (aft corners):

46224406_tCSxB-L.jpg

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you

1st of all thank you so much for the fantastic photos. I chose Spirit 4228 for Alaska 9/09. Your info led me from Rccl back to Ccl for this one. We just came back from Rccl FOS 5/18 and had 7708 aft, gigantic balcony, deep and wide, 2 sided with the strange outdoor porthole. Balcony bigger than cabin. E1 $(similar $ to regular balcony on Ccl) Booked a Rccl JS aft 7712 for FOS for Dec with kids. Perfect balcony for worried moms like me with kids,they can only look over to the "Royal Family Suite"(deck 6) below and its full of padded loungers. Just to have the wake to watch and listen to... and not worry... priceless

We did the Spirit to Alaska in that suite and loved it.

We will be in it's twin for our trip to Hawaii just two weeks out of it's drydock. I will be interested in seeing what, if any, changes they make during the drydock.

1st of all thank you so much for the fantastic photos. I chose Spirit 4228 for Alaska 9/09. Your info led me from Rccl back to Ccl for this one. We just came back from Rccl FOS 5/18 and had 7708 aft, gigantic balcony, deep and wide, 2 sided with the strange outdoor porthole. Balcony bigger than cabin. E1 $(similar $ to regular balcony on Ccl) Booked a Rccl JS aft 7712 for FOS for Dec with kids. Perfect balcony for worried moms like me with kids,they can only look over to the "Royal Family Suite"(deck 6) below and its full of padded loungers. Just to have the wake to watch and listen to... and not worry... priceless

Glad we could help out!

You'll love that cabin :)

Tom

Archived