What is Carnival's Ultimate Balcony Cabin?

winddawn

Just got back from our cruise to Alaska on the Spirit. We had cabin 4237 by far the best cabin we have ever had on Carnival. We also had clear blue skies and 60 plus drgree's 6 out of 7 days. So the over hang to keep us dry was never needed. Great Cabin even greater balcony. We liked it so much I checked with my TA and a aft coner 5295 was still available for our up coming cruise on the Legend so I upgraded to it from Cabin 7258 which also has a very large balcony. We have always loved being Aft and the wrap arounds are even better and worth the extra price.

Just got back from our cruise to Alaska on the Spirit. We had cabin 4237 by far the best cabin we have ever had on Carnival. We also had clear blue skies and 60 plus drgree's 6 out of 7 days. So the over hang to keep us dry was never needed. Great Cabin even greater balcony. We liked it so much I checked with my TA and a aft coner 5295 was still available for our up coming cruise on the Legend so I upgraded to it from Cabin 7258 which also has a very large balcony. We have always loved being Aft and the wrap arounds are even better and worth the extra price.

HI!! Sounds like you had a nice cruise - and accommadating weather!

See you guys again some day :)

Tom

Hey Tom,

Yes we had GREAT weather we could not believe how good. There were 5 days with no CLOUDS only clear blue sky. I got sun burned the 2nd day LOL cause I did not bring sunscreen (my mistake). The crew told us it rained almost everyday on the previous week. Even the folks in the ports were amazed at how good the weather was we saw locals swimming at mendhal glacier :eek: . Tom is correct you cant beat the wrap around balcony's we had 20 people on ours and there was room for alot more

Hi Tom. I have a question knowing we have similar tastes on Spirit class ships. Can you give us a quick summary of what cabins on what classes you like? I am looking to book another cruise and am not sure we want to do a cruise where the Spirit class are going from the east coast.

Thanks.

Hi Tom. I have a question knowing we have similar tastes on Spirit class ships. Can you give us a quick summary of what cabins on what classes you like? I am looking to book another cruise and am not sure we want to do a cruise where the Spirit class are going from the east coast.

Thanks.

Sure ---

Spirit Class - Aft Corner Cat 11: 4228 or 4237. If those are not available, we find another date/sailing.

Conquest Class - Aft Corner Cat 9A: 6452 or 6483. Pretty much the same as above!

Fantasy Class - "Owner's Suite" on Sports Deck (S1 or S2) on the Fantasy class ships which have them. They cost a few hundred more per person, but are VERY comfortable and large. We have also sailed in mid-ship Cat 12's, which are nice - especially after remodeling. BTW - you won't find S1 or S2 bookable online... most TA's (even PVP's!) don't know that they exist - I have even had them argue with me "that I didn't know what I was talking about" :rolleyes:

Dream Class - Yet To Be Determined... We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will do something special with the aft corners. Something to challenge some LARGE suites offered on most every other line. I feel Carnival could set aside a couple/few "Cat 13" cabins and they would sell at a premium. Hopefully not just a modification of the Conquest class giving "only" Cat 9A cabins there...

Tom

My DH and I are booked on Spirit cabin 4237 for Alaska next year. We're so excited! But I have some questions about noise. For those who have sailed on the lower, aft cabins before, did you notice alot of engine noise? It's not make or break for me, I'm loving the pics of this balcony (the pic is my new desktop!!!), but I'm curious if there are any negatives to such a perfect-looking cabin.

My DH and I are booked on Spirit cabin 4237 for Alaska next year. We're so excited! But I have some questions about noise. For those who have sailed on the lower, aft cabins before, did you notice alot of engine noise? It's not make or break for me, I'm loving the pics of this balcony (the pic is my new desktop!!!), but I'm curious if there are any negatives to such a perfect-looking cabin.

Negatives --- the only negative I can think of is that they will make you get off the ship when your sailing is over...:(

Tom

Sure ---

Spirit Class - Aft Corner Cat 11: 4228 or 4237. If those are not available, we find another date/sailing.

Conquest Class - Aft Corner Cat 9A: 6452 or 6483. Pretty much the same as above!

Fantasy Class - "Owner's Suite" on Sports Deck (S1 or S2) on the Fantasy class ships which have them. They cost a few hundred more per person, but are VERY comfortable and large. We have also sailed in mid-ship Cat 12's, which are nice - especially after remodeling. BTW - you won't find S1 or S2 bookable online... most TA's (even PVP's!) don't know that they exist - I have even had them argue with me "that I didn't know what I was talking about" :rolleyes:

Dream Class - Yet To Be Determined... We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will do something special with the aft corners. Something to challenge some LARGE suites offered on most every other line. I feel Carnival could set aside a couple/few "Cat 13" cabins and they would sell at a premium. Hopefully not just a modification of the Conquest class giving "only" Cat 9A cabins there...

Tom

Tom,

I've stayed in the Owner's Suite (S2) on both the Imagination and Fascination. What a room. I love the floor to ceiling windows of the pool; the balcony that overlooks the side and the pool, and especially the walk in closet and jacuzzi! We also make sure to stock the wet bar and have a nice bon voyage party with friends. It is tough to get one of those though. And unfortunately, they do not exist in some Fantasy-classers (Elation; Paradise).

thanks to these boards I booked a 9a wrap cabin 7440 on the Freedom for the med next year. I am lucky I was able to switch it to the Liberty on a later sailing since they cancelled the Freedom sailings.. Still I am VERY excited..

Mel

Thanks for the information. We're sorry we are missing each other on Hawaii 2009. Same city, same day, no meeting. :mad:

Are you planning to stay in Hawaii for a day or so after you get off the ship, I think we plan to fly in on Thursday the 23rd of April.

Cheryl

HANDS DOWN: 4228 or 4237 - they are (port and starboard) category 11's on Spirit class ships.

46462816_2cSur-L.jpg

The cabin is very nice as well :)

Tom

This cabin has my vote..We have it booked for our Alaska Cruise in Sept..:) Last year we had a corner aft balcony and it was awesome..:)..I love the way the room is broken up into 3 smaller rooms and the spa tub is a defiant plus!

Kelly

You all are so helpful, I hope you can help me. We'd love to have a wrap around balcony, but we need an accessible cabin. We have booked 6234 on a Spirit Class ship, and notice that the cabin is lined up parallel to the side of the ship, instead of perpendicular. It also looks as if it has a very long balcony. Does anyone have any information or pictures of these type of cabins? They are not L shaped, just "sideways". Also, is that big white blank spot a vent from the galley? Thanks for any information............first Carnival Cruise.

Are you planning to stay in Hawaii for a day or so after you get off the ship, I think we plan to fly in on Thursday the 23rd of April.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl. We are not planning on an extra day at this point, but we are using FlyAweigh for air, so we don't know what the flight times will be at this point. There is a good chance that we won't be flying out immediately, so we will see what opportunities present themselves later.

Please see if you received a message from me.

• 8 months later...
No problem.. no we did not find it cramped at all.. plenty of space to move around.. of course we would chose it again that was our second aft wrap we have had 7445 on the Conquest as well.. yes that is the fridge with the mini bar inside it to the right as you come in the hallway.. perfect place to have the room service tray placed;) You will enjoy it no worries:D

I just booked 7440 on Glory today for a cruise with my best friend for her 50th birthday late next year (how did That happen?!?). I'm psyched about the great big balcony but concerned that the cabin might seem small, particularly with the beds not together. I love her, but not like that. :D Anyone ever have the corner aft set up with two beds, and can hopefully share a picture?

• 2 weeks later...
The Conquest class aft corners all have a large balcony - though not as deep, nor with quite the nice overhang as deck 4 Spirit class ships.

When we sail on Conquest class ships (thus far only the Glory), we sail in 6483 or 6452 (aft corners):

46224406_tCSxB-L.jpg

Tom

I see your pic is from 04 and I was wondering if anyone knew if they still put the lounge chairs on the aft wraps on the Conquest class ships?

I see your pic is from 04 and I was wondering if anyone knew if they still put the lounge chairs on the aft wraps on the Conquest class ships?

Typically yes... they had them when we sailed in 6483 on the Freedom last month.

Tom

• 2 months later...
We had a 9A on the Triumph is Jan. Here is the Balcony.

If anyone wants to see room pics, let me know. I have TONS! :D

21exb4j.jpg

n6etxh.jpg

I would love to see any pictures you have of your cabin. I have the same cabin booked on the victory and assume they will be almost identical.

Thanks!

Archived