Possible Carnival First timer questions!

jfer873

I know that many of the questions I have are probably answered somewhere but with the search function down it very time consuming to find the answers I want, so here goes...

1. I am looking at going on Carnival Victory, how old is the ship and when was the last time it was in drydock for any updates...what was updated?

2. What is the square footage of the verandah rooms (I lookd on Carnival sight and cannot find this)

3. What shops are on board and what is the layout? Any similarities to RCI promenade on their Voyager and Freedom Class ships?

4. What are the dining times in the dining rooms? Is there anytime dining? Can you choose to do either?

5. How are the alternatives to the dining rooms? Are they small cafe type venues?

Anything other information would be appreciated. Thank you!

I know that many of the questions I have are probably answered somewhere but with the search function down it very time consuming to find the answers I want, so here goes...

1. I am looking at going on Carnival Victory, how old is the ship and when was the last time it was in drydock for any updates...what was updated?

2. What is the square footage of the verandah rooms (I lookd on Carnival sight and cannot find this)

3. What shops are on board and what is the layout? Any similarities to RCI promenade on their Voyager and Freedom Class ships?

4. What are the dining times in the dining rooms? Is there anytime dining? Can you choose to do either?

5. How are the alternatives to the dining rooms? Are they small cafe type venues?

Anything other information would be appreciated. Thank you!

1) Ship built in 2000

2) Veranda? Do you mean balcony? If so 185 SF for category 8

3) Go to any online travel site to see the layout deck by deck

4( When you book you REQUEST early OR late dining usually around 6PM or 8:15PM. You are not guaranteed dining times unless you are a platinum member. However if you don't get the time you want you can see the maitr'd once onboard and again REQUEST a change.

5) Always the lido deck buffet for dinner along with the pizza and deli stations. I don't think they have a supper club on that ship but I might be mistaken. If they do you pay about 60$$ extra for 2 for dinner in a more private, pampered environment. We did this on the SPIRIT and it was nice but a little too long and drawn out for our taste.

Archived