Alaska clothes for tween girl

Ratatouille

What do girls this age wear for "resort casual"?? Our DD has grown a lot in the past few months, plus we live in a warm climate and are limited to online shopping. I saw colourful corduroy pants on Lands End but worry this won't be dressy enough for NCL Pearl. It was soo much easier on our Caribbean cruise....we just bought sundresses and a dressy sweater. Any suggestions and even links to websites would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, I'd suggest looking at Mountain Equipment Co-op or The North Face nylon pants for a casual non-jean type pant. They are fairly expensive for adults, so they probably are for kids, too. But once you see the style, you can probably find them in a lower price range. Or buy the expensive ones and she can wear them till she outgrows them.

She can wear them on the ship and on shore.

I think corduroy will be too warm for the ship, and for us northerners, it is really a winter fabric.

Honestly (at least judging by my daughter and her friends) girls that age are fond of their jeans, and jeans are a staple of day wear on Alaska cruises. My daughter wore her jeans, Ugg boots, and cute long sleeved T-shirts during the day with a sweatshirts for the outdoors. Think layers and Old Navy/Gap kind of styles. She had a really cute fleece scarf, gloves and hat from Old Navy that were perfect for the cooler days.

For evenings she dressed much as she would on any other cruise as we were inside and cold wasn't an issue. She had skirts and dresses for the dining room and a couple of fancier outfits for formal nights.

We were on the NCL Star on the same itinerary as the NCL Pearl is doing now. We found overall the dress on NCL was a bit more casual than the dress we have seen on other lines.

Archived