Breakfast on Waikiki

crusin' judi

We are leaving for Hawaii in a couple of days. My SO has been there before and I have not.

We are staying at the Waikiki Marriott (pre cruise) and we are looking for places to have breakfast. He remembers having Macademia nut pancakes with coconut syrup. Any suggestions where we might find them and have a good breakfast.

Thank you in advance,

Judi

• Administrators
We are leaving for Hawaii in a couple of days. My SO has been there before and I have not.

We are staying at the Waikiki Marriott (pre cruise) and we are looking for places to have breakfast. He remembers having Macademia nut pancakes with coconut syrup. Any suggestions where we might find them and have a good breakfast.

Thank you in advance' date='

Judi[/quote']

Sounds like Lulu's, or maybe Eggsnthings, or... well... here -- check out this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=633860&highlight=breakfast+lulu%27s (skip the part about making Favorite Places :) )

and this one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=593647&highlight=breakfast+lulu%27s

But don't be hungry when you do! :)

We generally stay at Hilton HV and enjoy their breakfast at the Rainbow Tower buffet. It is open air and very relaxing to have a leisurely and quality breakfast while watching the ocean and people passing by. Dukes also has a similar breakfast and I'm sure your hotel has the same. The thing with Dukes and HHV is that you are not in a restaurant with no view but enjoying the ocean and all that it offers on your once in a lifetime adventure. HHV is very pricey and Dukes is not far behind.

John L.

Hello...

If you love restaurants with a lot of charm AND a great view of the ocean, Diamond Head and the rest of Waikiki, you might enjoy the Hau Tree Lanai on the beach in the New Otani Hotel.

This requires a beautiful early morning walk from downtown (the crowded part)Waikiki towards Diamond Head through Kapiolani Park and it sits directly next to the park. It has a quiet loveliness, great food and an atmosphere, to me, which would appeal to those who prefer a charming Bed and Breakfast to a large hotel.

I do agree with the previous posters that HHV and Duke's have great breakfasts as well; I just never miss the Hau Tree when I'm on Oahu.

Enjoy you time, whatever you decide to do...

Aloha...

murphysmum;)

http://www.luluswaikiki.com/menu2.php?title=breakfast1

Here's Lulu's breakfast menu. There are some pancakes with macadamia nuts on them on the menu. I love their crab cakes benedict. It's at the Park Shore Waikiki right across the street from the zoo. It's an open air restuarant with a nice view of Waikiki beach. I don't like coconut. So I don't know if they have coconut syrup. But you can call or they're good about responding by email when you submit an online question via their website too. Enjoy your Waikiki breakfast wherever you end up eating.

Thank you in advance' date='

Judi[/quote']

Oddly enough ... Cheeseburger in Paradise does the best breakfast I've ever had. They had the pancakes.

We loved LuLu's for breakfast when we were there in June 2007. We also stayed at the Marriott and it's only a block or two away. Really nice atmosphere overlooking the beach and the food was great. We also enjoyed Duke's (we went for dinner)-it's a little further the other way but also within walking distance. My two favorite places we ate.

Archived