I feel like a Newbie again!

emptynest1

Usha, PSSSSSSSSSST:p . I feel sorry that you have to do b2b cruises every year.:D Yes, I will limp by in my "crummy" sky suite, feet on the balcony rail, sipping my coffee in the morning that the butler delivered right on time. Hahahahahahahahahahaha

I know how you feel about being new again. I don't know when the last time was I came to the boards :confused: Between work & school there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.

Hubby & I just booked a cruise for December.....it will be over 2 years since we cruised. Going through withdrawel over here I think.

I had weight loss surgery in September 2006, so I wanted to be down at goal first and know that I wouldn't eat way too much and destroy all I had learned in just one cruise :eek:

Did you take a snorkling excursion in Cozumel through the ship? They have not listed the tours yet for this cruise.
We didn't do any the last few times. But when we did they were through the ship and we were very satisfied. The excursions change quite often. The one we liked the best a few years ago hasn't been listed for a very long time. The wifester is paranoid about something going wrong on an excursion not booked through the ship and then not getting back before the ship leaves. So, we always book on-board. (happy wife = happy life)

Denb, thanks for the info, I will be looking at the ship excursions. You are a wise man and have learned to keep the wife happy so that the world continues to rotate on it's proper axis.

cuppy, welcome back. This board has been very helpful.

EN, Cartagena is Spanish for "stay on the ship".;)

And I thought "Samana" was Spanish for "stay on the ship." :D

i don't really think that since I can speak some Spanish. I did want to comment that before our first X cruise Thanksgiving of 2004, which was an 11 nighter to Panama, the original itinerary contained Cartagena and I was ecstatic. I think I'd just read Michener's Caribbean and thought of all the history there, the Spanish influence etc. So I was disappointed when FOR SAFETY REASONS it was dropped from the itinerary for a few years.

If it were really dangerous X wouldn't stop there, would they? I mean it can change at any minute, I know, but aren't you usually safe with a ship's excursion if you're fearful?

And I thought "Samana" was Spanish for "stay on the ship." :D

i don't really think that since I can speak some Spanish. I did want to comment that before our first X cruise Thanksgiving of 2004, which was an 11 nighter to Panama, the original itinerary contained Cartagena and I was ecstatic. I think I'd just read Michener's Caribbean and thought of all the history there, the Spanish influence etc. So I was disappointed when FOR SAFETY REASONS it was dropped from the itinerary for a few years.

If it were really dangerous X wouldn't stop there, would they? I mean it can change at any minute, I know, but aren't you usually safe with a ship's excursion if you're fearful?

Granted this was many years ago but I remember going on my first cruise as a single adult. I met up with other singles on board and going into town on a Mexican Riverera Cruise. We were all were coming back from a night on the town, we stopped at a local hotel with an open lobby to use the restroom. I was just lobbing my hand in the lobby pool when a crocodile came around the corner. Mexico. Be aware because we are used to US standards. :)

Well, Usha, How Rude. I forgot to mention that it was a round fountain and you couldn't see what was on the other side because of the huge naked statue. Does that help. :D

EN, Truly, with the drinks we had had earlier, I'm lucky I came home with both hands. ;)

Exuse me Usha, I was one of the few ladies traveling who actually managed to keep up decorum. Yes, I was the one who dropped the bucket of quarters while getting off the deck chair, but I was the only one who went home alone. You've got to give credit where it's due. :D

Archived