Room 8588 vs. 8594 on Jewel of the Seas

I currently booked room 8594 on the Jewel, but when I made the reservation with the RCCL agent she mentioned she could find a better room for me. The room she came up with was 8588. Has anyone had either of these rooms. I told her I would keep my original room 8594 since it looked just as good plus was $60. less expensive for us. Was that a wise decision?

Ok, both are great rooms 8594 is a center hump so you will see both front and back of the ship with no obstructions. On the other hand 8588 has a larger balcony though both rooms are the same size. This is a hard choice and I don't think you could go wrong with either room. This is 8588 which we peeked into. We had 8586

IMG_2034-1.jpg

IMG_2032-1.jpg

Looks like the big difference is that the balcony on 8588 is larger. Not that big a deal. you are right in the middle of the hump which has its advantages over 8588.

We are booked in 7598 which is right under you on a cruise next spring.:)

Is 8594 a hump cabin? I know we have a hump on Jewel but I'll have to check to see the number.

We sailed Jewel in 2005 from Boston and loved this ship. One of my favorite places is the outdoor seating area behind the buffet on the aft of the ship. We often went there late night for a cup of tea before turning in for the night. I hope there are still comfy sofas and chairs in the area between the buffet and outdoors.

The solarium pool is also great on cool or cloudy days. There is a retractable roof which was open in San Juan. They ended up closing it because it got so hot that people wanted the A/C on.

Thanks for your opinions. I came to the same conclusion. My current cabin (8594) is in the middle of the hump. I think I will stay put. This will be my first balcony on the hump part of the ship. I am looking forward to this cruise even if it is still a year away.

• 8 years later...