Are pools open before leaving port?

kalley79

We will be cruising out of Miami on the Triumph on April 26. We are planning to board the ship as early as possible, and were wondering if the pools would be filled while in Miami. This will be my 4th cruise so you would think I would remember, but I don't. We are going on a group family cruise and will have several kids with us and don't want them to be bored while we are waiting to leave. If it isn't filled, what else is there for kids to do while waiting for the boat to sail away? Thanks for your help.

-Kellie

Usually the pools are NOT full when you first board the ships. We've also been on 4 cruises, 3 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean...and they all had salt-water pools which were always empty in home port...but filled as soon as we set sail.

I'm sure you guys can find things to do...cruise ships are one big adventure!

We will be cruising out of Miami on the Triumph on April 26. We are planning to board the ship as early as possible, and were wondering if the pools would be filled while in Miami. This will be my 4th cruise so you would think I would remember, but I don't. We are going on a group family cruise and will have several kids with us and don't want them to be bored while we are waiting to leave. If it isn't filled, what else is there for kids to do while waiting for the boat to sail away? Thanks for your help.

-Kellie

We were on Triumph last May out of Miami, and the pools were full and open prior to sailing.:cool:

I bet it has to do with staffing. Embarkation takes all the staff they have.

So, the pools probably don't open until after the muster drill.

Eat, put your things away. The kids would enjoy watching them load the food and other items onto the ship. (big cranes, lots of machinery). You could check out the pools, the ice cream bars, the kids section, the pizza bar. Time will go by and then you'll do the muster drill and then head for the pool. I know........get the swim suits, sunscreen and all out and ready so after the muster drill you'll be the first ones in.

Archived