Enough time between flights

cardfans

I have a question regarding our group's flights. We are flying into Vancouver from Louisville to Denver, and four other members of our group are flying from Nashville to Denver. All are on Frontier airlines. From Denver, we are all flying Frontier Airlines to Vancouver. Originally, we all had about a 2 hour layover in Denver. But now, Frontier has changed the time of their Vancouver flight and we have 50 minutes between flights and our friends from Nashville have only 25 minutes. I have contacted Frontier and was told this will not be a problem. I am very concerned about not only possibly missing the flight, but also about our luggage not making it. For you experience Alaska travellers, what do you think?

I would make sure you know what other flight options might be available in case you miss your connection. Hopefully you are flying in a day in advance?

Personally, I prefer a longer connection time, but if this is considered a legal connection, they should be able transfer the luggage as well.

I have a question regarding our group's flights. We are flying into Vancouver from Louisville to Denver, and four other members of our group are flying from Nashville to Denver. All are on Frontier airlines. From Denver, we are all flying Frontier Airlines to Vancouver. Originally, we all had about a 2 hour layover in Denver. But now, Frontier has changed the time of their Vancouver flight and we have 50 minutes between flights and our friends from Nashville have only 25 minutes. I have contacted Frontier and was told this will not be a problem. I am very concerned about not only possibly missing the flight, but also about our luggage not making it. For you experience Alaska travellers, what do you think?

How did you find out that they changed the time of your flight?

I just booked with Frontier also, I am worried about not having enough time

on the way home to make the flight out of Vancouver.

Yes we are flying in a day in advance and have plans to meet up with a fourth couple in Vancouver and do some sightseeing there in the afternoon and evening. I have checked flights and there are no more Frontier flights and there are only 2 more (out of 21 pages on Kayak) that get in early enough for us to get there and continue with our plans. I thought about flying as far a Denver the night before and then still flying the same Vancouver flight, but Frontier told me that even though they changed the flight times, we would be charged a fee to change them. This is because we called them when we read on CC that Frontier was making changes. Frontier then emailed us the new itinerary and they said that meant we confirmed the change, so now if we try to amend it they will charge us a fee. If we miss the connection, they will of course put us on another airline at no additional cost, but who knows when it will leave and when it will get to Vancouver. I don't mean to ramble, but it is frustrating when you book flights in July for a May flight and coordinate flights with other people and then the airlines makes a change that could mess up everything.

Other airlines are not much better... we had NWA rebook us on a flight arriving into Detroit AFTER our flight to Europe was scheduled to depart! They did waive the $100 change fee when we called to reschedule, but it just goes to show...

As long as you are flying a day before, I would hope for the best and stick with the flights you have.

Archived