Zip line Camera & Photos questions

SunnydayKim

Hello! We are planning on doing the zipline tour on our upcoming cruise (less than 2 weeks away!!!) and I have a few questions for those of you that have been on this tour;

First- we have not booked the excursion yet. We are still waiting to see if any of the other couples that are going on the cruise with us want to zipline. I know that there are other options than booking through Carnival, is it too late to do so?

Next- Were you able to take pictures while zipping down? I know that I am going to be nervous at least on my first few trips down the lines, but after that, it would be great to take some pictures and/or at least see the scenery for myself. Is this a possibility or just too difficult?

And- Can I even bring a bag with a camera & other things in it? Or do I need to leave that on the boat if it will get in the way of the harness?

Finally- do they offer a DVD or Picture CD for purchase with any of the tours?

Thanks for all of your help!

Kim

I believe there are lockers available for rent if using Carnival. We used a 3rd party and our things were safe on his bus. I don't think you'd be allowed to carry anything and I think it would be impossible to take pictures while zip-lining. The first person to go could take the camera and then get some shots from the platform of the second person coming in.

Sorry! I guess I have to clarify this answer a bit. If you can fit your camera in a pocket, it should be o.k. You will only have about 1-2 minutes on each platform to take pictures. They send you on at a fairly brisk rate. Our zip line trip had a total of 11 platforms.

Hi Kim,

We just returned last week, and ziplined at Jungle Breezes (with Oscar Brown). He did mention that reservations needed to be made. And it was also crazy when a Carnival ships come in. Our ship (Volendam) was the only ship that day. We had a total of 8 on our van, and we were the only ones there to zipline. Be sure to secure your camera in your pocket. You should have enough time to pull it out and take pictures of your husband on the line, or vice versa. Photos were not taken by the operator. Have a great time, it was a wonderful experience!

Cheryl

Archived