Dawn + Spirit Teen Cruising Answers

CantW8toCruz

We're booked on the Spirit with our 14-year old daughter in a couple of weeks and I have a couple of questions:

1. For the teen age group, do we sign her in and do we have to sign her out or can she come and go as she likes to the teen program?

2. How are the counselors in the teen area? Do they attempt to get the kids interacting with each other?

3. What kinds of activities are available to the teens?

Thanks for your willingness to give us the teen's perspective!

Karen

She does not need to be signed out to leave, it's very lax. The counselors I had were pretty good (they would ask kids to get them food from blue lagoon because the crew food was apparently awful). They held a good ice-breaker event on the first day and ran some pretty basic but very fun activities (i.e. scavenger hunts, battle of the sexes). They weren't all that energetic but still fun to be with. I am always hesitant to go on the first day cause everyone feels awkward but I am so happy I did after the first 30 minutes. We basically played games like that and at night they would play music that nobody would dance to.

The program ends at 11, I'm pretty sure, and no the program doesn't involve eating (except the smoothie parties were all the teens get free, delicious smoothies). Everyone either ate with their families or with the friends they have made.

The program ends at 11, I'm pretty sure, and no the program doesn't involve eating (except the smoothie parties were all the teens get free, delicious smoothies). Everyone either ate with their families or with the friends they have made.

We have also been on both the Dawn and the Spirit...just got off the Dawn on the 10th and have to say that the club does NOT close at 11:00. They always had something scheduled for 11:30...a movie, etc. This surprised me because I thought my teens would/should be back by 11:30 not heading out to the last schedule event. I have all of my freestyle dailies except for the teen one so I can't tell you what else they did at 11:30 but there was definitely something scheduled each night.

Can you tell me where the teens meet? I am looking at an old

Daily on photobucket and all the activies are scheduled at the Teen Club, Deck 10 aft. Is that the arcade? I had heard that they use the Celebrity Disco as the club?

We are sailing on the Spirit in August with a 15yo and appreciate any info you can give us.

Thanks!:)

Can you tell me where the teens meet? I am looking at an old

Daily on photobucket and all the activies are scheduled at the Teen Club, Deck 10 aft. Is that the arcade? I had heard that they use the Celebrity Disco as the club?

We are sailing on the Spirit in August with a 15yo and appreciate any info you can give us.

Thanks!:)

They use the celebrity Disco at night, during the day they meet at different places around the ship, depending on the activity. I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun, just make sure he goes to the first activity. My time on the spirit wasn't that great as it was filled with high schoolers sneaking vodka in water bottles and getting drunk, I was in 8th grade! But that was in March, I'm sure that won't be a problem in August. Have Fun!

They use the celebrity Disco at night, during the day they meet at different places around the ship, depending on the activity. I'm sure he'll have a lot of fun, just make sure he goes to the first activity. My time on the spirit wasn't that great as it was filled with high schoolers sneaking vodka in water bottles and getting drunk, I was in 8th grade! But that was in March, I'm sure that won't be a problem in August. Have Fun!

Thanks for your honest feedback! My son's only 13, so I hope the alcohol thing is under control on our cruise (next week). Yikes!

Did you meet other teenagers you got along with as a result of the teen program? Did you hang out with them while you were on the cruise?

are there usually alot of teens? im 16 too, and last year there was no one my age what so ever. they were eather 14 or like 18. no one who was my age. So i spent the whole cruise hanging around with my parents and wanting to go home by wednesday. also do you have to sign up or can you just come in whenever. and, who was the oldest in your group, what age?

are there usually alot of teens? im 16 too, and last year there was no one my age what so ever. they were eather 14 or like 18. no one who was my age. So i spent the whole cruise hanging around with my parents and wanting to go home by wednesday. also do you have to sign up or can you just come in whenever. and, who was the oldest in your group, what age?

Thes depends heavily on when you cruise. Your parents need to sign you up at first, but then you are free to do what you want on your own. I had lots of people in my group, of all different ages. But I went during peak cruising time (mid-march). I'm sure it was a rare instance that there was no other 16 yo's. I doubt this will happen again.

Archived