Life always seems better when your planning a cruise...

I haven't even booked it yet and I'm by no means obsessing about it, there is a lot of life to be lived between now and then, but the little daily stresses are so much more tolerable knowing I will be sailing again in just a year.

Maybe the people that cruise regularly (3 or more per year) don't notice as much, but when you can only cruise once a year or every other year, well....the memories of past cruises once again dominate your thoughts, its like homecoming.

Anyone else feel different as u go about your day, even on a subconscious level?

Poseidon, your spear hit the mark! I'm already getting anxious about the fact that, for financial reasons, DH and I will have to forgo a cruise in 2009. After our cruise in September/October of this year, I will be BEREFT without a cruise to plan for!! My only hope is that we can book something for 2010. You're right: life is not the same without that Golden Day to look forward to, even if it's over a year away. I can't imagine my briefcase without a Cruise Notebook with tabs for The Cruise, Air, Hotel, Shore Ex, Languages; or not having numbered yellow sticky notes on the dressing room mirror.

You can relive the magic of a cruise or other vacation by printing all the photos you took, and making a scrapbook with your ship cards, swizzle sticks, Bon Voyage cards, and, of course, any photos bought on board. I go thru my HAL catalogs for deck plans and ship photos and include them, too, along with the daily programs and port maps. I like the kind of pages that are encased in a clear plastic sleeve. When the album is all done, the best way to schlep it, bursting with several sets of refill pages, is inside a cloth HAL shore excursion bag. An album of 12x12 pages slips right in.

Mrs Muir

Archived