Changing form of payment..

DrTigger

Hi! My hubby and I have decided that we would like to change the form of payment we are using for our sign and sail card. Our cruise is on Saturday, and I completed the fun pass information about three weeks ago online. I tried to change it today, but it said that the ability to change it was unavailable at this time. Do you think it is unavailable because we are getting close to our trip, or because the website isn't working? Also, would it be a problem to change form of payment when boarding? We are just changing from a credit card to a debit card.

No problem changing when you check in at the ship.... Make sure your Bank will allow a higher limit on your debit card than what you may currently have. Personally I prefer using a c.card and not tying up personal bank funds...you may try to use that debit card on an island (not suggested) when purchasing gifts and your limits have been maxed out for the day already. Just my 2 cents on debit cards.

If you gotta go debit.

Make sure that you have enough to cover all bills and the shipboard account X2, because often holds are placed on funds, and do not come off immediately, so you could possibly have a hold, and the shipboard charge on the account causing overdrafts. Each bank plays differently, and it is better to be safe than sorry.

Don't use it on shore in foreign ports, if the card is compromised you could have problems, there is a 95% chance that your bank will take care of you, but you could be cleaned out until the bank gets this taken care of. Many think that they have the same protections as a credit card but this is NOT TRUE, they are fairly safe, but if a card was compromised I would rather it be my credit card company's money tied up than having MY money in limbo.

What ever you choose, just be smart and informed about it!;)

MAC

You could just leave the credit card in place for now and settle your account with your debit card at the information desk on the last evening of the cruise. This avoids the issues with holds against your account.

Archived