What if it rains?

Quincella

I have zero contingency plan for if it rains in GC when I'm there next week with my two kids. Last time we were there it rained all day, but when it's just the parents a bucket of beer in a nice restaurant overlooking the beach is just fine. Not so great for little girls.

So.....suggestions, just in case?

Well, rain can happen almost any day from March through November. It is usually intense and very brief. All day rains are quite rare - but that is little consolation if it is the one day you are in port.

You could resign yourself to being wet and just head to the beach to swim. Rent an umbrella to provide a modestly dry area on shore and spend most of your time in the water.

Kids may not have real patience for shopping, but it works great for a lot of people. Short dashes between stores, and then a leisurely time looking over the items on offer.

For adults the perfect rainy weather activity is to try scuba diving. There is something captivating about looking up and watching the rain hit the surface of the sea. While little girls may not be able to do that, a semi-submersible or Atlantis Submarine ride would work quite well.

Well, rain can happen almost any day from March through November. It is usually intense and very brief. All day rains are quite rare - but that is little consolation if it is the one day you are in port.

You could resign yourself to being wet and just head to the beach to swim. Rent an umbrella to provide a modestly dry area on shore and spend most of your time in the water.

Kids may not have real patience for shopping, but it works great for a lot of people. Short dashes between stores, and then a leisurely time looking over the items on offer.

For adults the perfect rainy weather activity is to try scuba diving. There is something captivating about looking up and watching the rain hit the surface of the sea. While little girls may not be able to do that, a semi-submersible or Atlantis Submarine ride would work quite well.

Good ideas....thank you!

Last time we were in GC we had bursts of rain...no big deal, except that it was also quite windy and the waters choppy and so our Stingray City trip was cancelled, and we had no backup plan. Not very smart! :-)

You could always take the kids underwater! SeaTrek is very close to port and easy for any age! They are very good and it's a wonderful experience! Well worth it, especially on a rainy day! I took my young daughter down a year or so ago. Or there's always snorkeling right there close to the pier. It's just as beautiful under water on a rainy day!

I have zero contingency plan for if it rains in GC when I'm there next week with my two kids. Last time we were there it rained all day, but when it's just the parents a bucket of beer in a nice restaurant overlooking the beach is just fine. Not so great for little girls.

So.....suggestions, just in case?

Always a good idea to pick up a two pack of ponchos before your trip at a local Dollar Store;)

Archived