Early roll call for the Pride 2005 March Transatlantic Crossing

Martita B.

YES, I do know you're initals, Norm! hahaha AND thrilled you'll be with us! You're the main, official "Seabourn Guest Photographer!"

O.K........I know of around 16 that are booked and [i]ready to[/i] go!
As of last week I think ALL suites have been sold.........so we should have a "boat" full of grrreat Sailors! Yeah!

Keep posting [i]and sailing![/i]
MB

Thank you MB, girlfriend! The Pride ship has SOLD OUT!!! My T.A. (EG) managed to "grab" a suite for our Phoenix friend, Miss Mary S.......so happy she'll be joining us.......we love and enjoy "Irish Lassies!" AND yes, her favorite cocktaail is "The Bloody Mary!"
I have made a "rough" count as to "the Gang"........we have 24! Yipppeee! Do not know the other Sailors. We'll all meet and greet them at the Sail-a-bration!

Have fun and be safe this week!
Martita B.

• 3 weeks later...
March 15th Crossing Sailor's......

If you have booked, please post. I'm needing a Cruise Critic "head count" estimate.
I have made a list of about 24 or 26 that I know have booked, but most are "non C.C.er's".......

Many thanks!
MB

We will be joining you on the March 2005 Crossing on the Pride. This will be our first Seabourn sailing although we have crossed three times before and love those sea days! We can't wait to join you and become Seabourn converts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isabel & Rich

[size=3]Welcome Sailor's![/size]

[size=3]You will loveeee the Pride Spring Crossing! As there are many festive parties planned, a 'lit closer to March 15th, I'll post as to the "extras" you may want to pack.......there is to be "A Royal Affair"........cocktails, dinner and dancing! You may want to pack a Crown and a tiara! More later.[/size]

[size=3]Again.......so happy you will be joining all of us![/size]
[size=3]You're [i]only a stranger ONCE[/i] on a Seabourn ship! (and not for very long)[/size]

[size=3]Martita B. West Texas[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
Please add your initials to our list of Pride, March 15th Crosser's if you would enjoy attending "The Royal Affair"........I need to know the sailors that would like to receive an invitation.
My "Royals" count now for Pride guests is around 24........the date of the Gala is either Friday, March 18th or Sat., March 19th.

(I'm sure there may be a few that prefer NOT attending .......which is fine.)

Happy Trails and Sails
MB

• 1 month later...
March Pride-ful Sailor's~~~~I have a list of 21 names that will be sailing together.....it is a SOLD-OUT Crossing. No room left [i]at the Inn.[/i] (BUT, if the sea gets mad I'm moving down to the "boiler room" and order a roll away from Tori....then my suite will be vacant! haha)
I plan to have around 55 (22 Officer's and Staff, 33 passengers) at the Royal Gala. Plan on cocktails, dinner and dancing.......a "fun and phooey" evening!

Remember Mates, "NO open toed shoes at Reid's Palace!" I think this is a a hoot and a holler! Sooooo Girls, if you plan on wearing your $1,000 high heeled Manolo
Blahnek zapata's, with the "open toes", please don't. The shoe police will stop you at the front door!

MB

Hi Martha,
I emailed Reids to ask about their policy of no "open toe" shoes, as I will not be taking any "closed toe" shoes other than trainers. I received a very nice email back saying that of course I would be welcome with a pair of elegant sandals. Seabourn said they would look into it but have not heard back from them. I hope the "shoe police" are going to turn a blind eye to me and my toes!!!
It is just a hotel,with regular guests, so I cannot understand the reasoning behind this rule. I have looked on their website but can find no mention of it. Is there anyone out there who has broken the rule and got away with it?
I just don't want to pack an extra pair of shoes that will only be worn for one afternoon! My husband is already preparing for a hernia with the shoes I will need!
Daneite

Daneite~~~I don't think Reid's will actually say "No" to anyone in our Seabourn group. Last March I heard after the "tea" (I didn't go as a few of us had other plans) that a couple of men didn't even wear jackets.......a real faux pas! I feel this is a social blunder. A few also reported that they were disappointed that the "tea" was NOT held in the Garden room.......it was in another banquet room.
I love Funchal so much.......love the people, love the beautiful flowers and adore the music! Have you been to the "open air" downtown market? If not, GO! I was amazed at the fish market! I always "load up" on fresh flowers.......I enjoy taking gorgeous nosegays to my Housekeeper and Tori. I usually buy an armload of long stemmed flowers, then send them down to the Crew Mess, as they don't have fresh flowers. I'm planning on going with Cheffy to buy "groceries"....that's always a fun [i]tour![/i] Year before last when we made a stop in the Azores JB and I went with Cheffy Lambrechts to the HUGE supermarket.....I don't think they have many "foreigners" shopping there......they looked at us like we were [i]aliens, that had just landed![/i] AND we were!

Take the shoes you want to wear! They will not say anything.......

MB

Archived