Best room received using a GTY inside on Grand Princess

sportsnut

I have a question about buying a GTY inside room catagory. Can get a GTY CAT J for a good price and was wondering what the upgrades have been on the Grand Princess. Does anyone go from the inside to a balcony? Not sure how this works but willing to roll the dice. Any info and tips would be great. Thanks.

I have a question about buying a GTY inside room catagory. Can get a GTY CAT J for a good price and was wondering what the upgrades have been on the Grand Princess. Does anyone go from the inside to a balcony? Not sure how this works but willing to roll the dice. Any info and tips would be great. Thanks.

Can this happen? Yes. Does it happen? VERY RARELY. You would likely be given an upgrade to another inside category and if you are very very lucky, you might get an outside category. But booking an inside and thinking it might turn into a balcony cabin assignment is grasping at straws. Things like this happened several years ago quite often, but upgrades going up two complete catagories is so unlikely anymore, it's just doesn't happen hardly at all.

When you read a post where someone got a fantastic upgrade, always ask them what year they received it. I have noticed that many here will post about a wonderful two or three different category upgrade without mentioning when this took place. You can't compare what might happen today with something that happened several years ago.

Always book the category cabin you want to be in. If you don't, you could be very disappointed.

I agree with Toto. I would just as soon pick an inside with a location that I like and mark it "no upgrade". Sometimes you can receive an upgrade that really isn't an upgrade in your mind. If you like aft rooms you may end up all the way forward. If location is not a big deal to you, accept upgrades and maybe a miracle will happen. :)

chances are you will go from inside to inside, ocvw to upgrade...

Can this happen? Yes. Does it happen? VERY RARELY. You would likely be given an upgrade to another inside category and if you are very very lucky, you might get an outside category. But booking an inside and thinking it might turn into a balcony cabin assignment is grasping at straws. Things like this happened several years ago quite often, but upgrades going up two complete catagories is so unlikely anymore, it's just doesn't happen hardly at all.

When you read a post where someone got a fantastic upgrade, always ask them what year they received it. I have noticed that many here will post about a wonderful two or three different category upgrade without mentioning when this took place. You can't compare what might happen today with something that happened several years ago.

Always book the category cabin you want to be in. If you don't, you could be very disappointed.

I just received an upgrade on the Emerald, from obstructed to verandah...after 14 sailings, my first upgrade...it was fabulous! but Princess is going downhill..food, selection, buffet,all mediocre, extra or special requests no longer allowed on Emerald..production shows are good, but no longer an interesting selection of visiting entertainers..even the tissues are not very high quality...had booked again on emerald for New years, but cancelled..will try another ship to see if it's just Emerald, or the entire fleet...

Archived