Elation Overhaul??

The "drydock achedule" [which often tells when "Evolutions" comes to a given ship] at cruisedeckplans.com shows no drydock in 2008. Your PVP might [or might not] have further information

Does anyone know when the Elation is due for it's overhaul? I heard it is this spring but I don't know for sure. Anyone know how I can find out? Will my PVP know? Thanks

The drydock won't be this Spring since they haven't announced it yet and would never cancel cruises this close in. They usually announce them 9-12 months out since many people have to cancel/reschedule and need the lead time. They just announced the drydock for the Spirit and it is March 2009. The next Fantasy class ship to be upgraded is the Fantasy this Fall and other than that, no others have been announced yet.

Does anyone know when the Elation is due for it's overhaul? I heard it is this spring but I don't know for sure. Anyone know how I can find out? Will my PVP know? Thanks
Just came off the Inspiration and the redo looks great. Everything from the water park to the flat screens too the cabin improvements and all the new carpets and fabrics. The next one being done is the Fantasy. If you look at the Elation schedual and find a three week gap that will be when it is. They do much of the upgrades while the ship is in service. Mattresses, TV's and other smaller things. Carnival for some reason has been very elusive about telling people when a certian ship will be done. Guess they don't want to get a lag in sales on a ship while people are waiting for it to be redone......;)

Just to let you know I checked to see what I could find. Looks like the Fantasy is being done in September and the Fascination is being done in November. All the other Fantasy class ships underwent drydock in 2006 so the next time mandated by the USCG and SOLAS will be in 2009. They have to go to drydock evey 2 1/2 to 3 years....Hull inspections and such. So they'll probably kill two birds with one stone.....

Archived