Room C257 on Princess ships

sportsnut

I am considering booking room C257 on the Grand Princess and noticed it is near a hallway by the stairs. Was not sure if this would be a quite room. Is there a hallway behind the stairs on this boat? I was on the Emerald and seemed to remember there was a hallway running behind the stairs. Any info would help. Trying to reserve the best inside room that is close to the center of the ship in the J CAT. Thanks.

I am considering booking room C257 on the Grand Princess and noticed it is near a hallway by the stairs. Was not sure if this would be a quite room. Is there a hallway behind the stairs on this boat? I was on the Emerald and seemed to remember there was a hallway running behind the stairs. Any info would help. Trying to reserve the best inside room that is close to the center of the ship in the J CAT. Thanks.

Most of the time our cabins have been near the elevators and the stairs and we have never heard a thing. Oh once in awhile if passengers are getting off and laughing and having a good time it only lasts seconds and they are on their way. No problems with our cabins near the stair or the elevators.

marilyn

We were on the Grand this past February in D-237 which was right by the stairs and elevators. Had no problem with noise and enjoyed the closeness for going up or down quickly. Room was much quieter than the same basic room on the Emerald last June.

probably the only place you really want to avoid is the service galley. I would hear them around 6am every morning and 10:30 every evening. Can get quite noisy sometimes.

Monique

Monique,

How do you know where the service galley is located? We are currently holding C328 on the new Ruby (no deck plans yet) - but on the Emerald that room shows nothing directly across from it. I'm wondering if I should move down a bit to be across from the inside cabins or be happy nothing is across from us. Has anyone been by this cabin on the Emerald or the Crown? Thanks!

Kaye

Archived