PV, Cabo, Mazaltan -- Your Top 2 "Must Do's" in each port?

Funcouple

We are two 35 year old woman who need ideas for Shore excursions or strolls, what are your top 2 "must do's" at each stop. It may be possible that no excursions would be necessary, instead a beach day. Off the beaten path / out of the ordinary / away from the crowds is ok too. Whatever it is, would love to hear your ideas.

- PV

- Mazatlan

- Cabo (not much time)

Also, "tips" for each stop would be great (cabs, tipping, timing, dining, etc.)

Thanks a bunch.

We were at these locations last March. In Cabo we went on a tour and saw some things but the one place I would like to go back to is Cactus World. Very interesting It is near San Jise del Cabo. In P.V. we did a lot of research and we went to the shops in the 500 blk of Basillio Badillo in the Old Zone, stop in at Steve's sports bar for a cool one while shopping. The highlight of the trip was dinner on the beach ( I mean on the beach) at La Palapa restaurant (they have a website and prices are quoted in pesos so don;t faint) Really cool! Have the lobster! We had one margharita each and wine with dinner, she had the lobster; I had the stuffed pork tenderloin. We each had coffee and scrumptious deserts and watched the sunset $85.00!!

In Mazatlan, take one of the pulmonias (little cart like things) to Pueblo Bonito -Mazatlan Resort not Emerald Bay. Have brunch and enjoy the beautiful grounds, pools and beach.

She's a great gal and very laid back. Great eats at Victor's after the ride. Garlic Shrimp is to die for. Small group, nice leisurely ride. Two yrs ago at Thanksgiving, the group of us that met here on these boards, booked her solid, so it was really cool spending the afternoon with people that you'd already spent 4 days with aboard ship. She couldn't believe that her entire group knew each other. We made her and Stewart up a goody bag of stateside treats and since it was Thanksgiving Day, it was like having our own private "family" gathering.

Oh, I can tell you some of the things Randi requested.....cheddar cheese (I bought the big block from Costco), English muffins, Rye Bread, corned beef (this was tricky, but our room stewert kept it in a fridge), and any "horse" magazine you can find! :):)

In P.V. - a trip to Las Caletas is a great day! If you're not booking excursions then lunch at PiPi's is a must. The best Margaritas and fajitas in P.V. I would also make sure to take in a stroll along the Malecon and the shops across the street.

Diamond Princess 11/6/04

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the best surfing is on Stone Island. There were lots of surfers there today. No board rentals, bring you own, and that would include, as far as I know anywhere in Mazatlan.

This time of year is not the best surfing but better than nothing. Storm season is the best for surfing.

All you have to do is grab a cab and tell them you want to go to Stone Island. It should be no more than $3usd for the cab not per person. Boards may be optional. I don't know.

There are many restaurants to hang out. Only beer and soft drinks are served there.

You can also go to the Golden Zone and check out the waves and there are plenty of places to just chill.

I hope this helps,

Calm Seas,

Sharon

Archived