Opus Hotel--Adjacent Construction??

Booked a precruise stay at the Opus and on the confirmation the hotel noted construction adjacent to the hotel on the underground rail station.

Do you think this will impact this stay? Any Vancouver regulars speak up, please. I could really use your advice.

Booked a precruise stay at the Opus and on the confirmation the hotel noted construction adjacent to the hotel on the underground rail station.

Do you think this will impact this stay? Any Vancouver regulars speak up, please. I could really use your advice.

Yes the new light rapid transit route to the airport is under construction in very close proximity to the Opus and could affect your enjoyment of the hotel. Perhaps someone like Urban trekker who lives downtown could confirm to what degree this is a problem.

Coming to you from the shores of the Englishman river in beautiful downtown Parksville on the east coast of Vancouver Island.

Regarding the construction - the hotel is about 2 blocks away from the actual hole in the ground -I believe that most of the heavy and noisy construction is done and that they are pouring the concrete for the station. That's about all that I can say at the present time as it is in the opposite direction of downtown from where I live.

I will keep an eye out when in the area for noise and let you know if it appears to be a problem.

Cheers

Dennis

Our TA booked us in the Fairmont Waterfront. Looking over Vancouver Hotels, we thought the Opus looked great!--Noise would bother us for sure--also if it is just an ugly mess around the hotel would not be favorable. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. Mark

Our TA booked us in the Fairmont Waterfront. Looking over Vancouver Hotels, we thought the Opus looked great!--Noise would bother us for sure--also if it is just an ugly mess around the hotel would not be favorable. Any other suggestions are welcome as well. Mark

Ok, you are now at a 5 star hotel. You would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in a better location in Vancouver. You are right across the street from Canada Place and the cruise terminal there. As much as the Opus is fun kind of place the Waterfront Hotel is as fine a Fairmont property there is. See if your TA can get you a north to northwest room, if so you will have a terrific view of the harbour and the North Shore Mountains which is what Vancouver is all about.

Archived