Where is horse back riding on Dickenson's beach

Ants Girl

I have heard several people say that they were able to ride horses from or on Dickenson's beach. I would really like to do this also and am wondering what area of Dickenson's beach can you arrange to go horseback riding? Is it near the Sandals resort? Is it a stand or hut?

Thanks for any info

Ants Girl, we were at Dickenson's about two weeks ago. There was a fellow walking up and down the beach asking if anyone was interested in horseback riding. There was a bar/stand right at the taxi drop-off and I am sure that all these guys had ties to that stand. If you just walk up and ask them, I'm sure someone will help you if they haven't already asked you on the beach!

I will warn you, if you are an animal lover, we saw the horses tied up on our taxi ride to Dickenson's and it wasn't a pretty sight. They had only a little rope and were tied to a fence and they didn't look that healthy or well taken care of. I would have never rode on one of those horses but perhaps there are different owners and horses available.

Ants Girl, we were at Dickenson's about two weeks ago. There was a fellow walking up and down the beach asking if anyone was interested in horseback riding. There was a bar/stand right at the taxi drop-off and I am sure that all these guys had ties to that stand. If you just walk up and ask them, I'm sure someone will help you if they haven't already asked you on the beach!

I will warn you, if you are an animal lover, we saw the horses tied up on our taxi ride to Dickenson's and it wasn't a pretty sight. They had only a little rope and were tied to a fence and they didn't look that healthy or well taken care of. I would have never rode on one of those horses but perhaps there are different owners and horses available.

Have to agree with you about the horses. Its actually a really sad sight to see. I would never ride on of them either only because I'm such an animal lover and I know their not treated well, as most other animals on those Caribbean islands. definately very sad.

Archived