Zeebrugge transport query

julieh

We are going into the port of Zeebrugge in June. Does anyone know what the tram times and cost is to Brugge? The ship excursion is £25.00 per person just for the coach which seems expensive for an 8 mile round trip.

Julie

We are going into the port of Zeebrugge in June. Does anyone know what the tram times and cost is to Brugge? The ship excursion is £25.00 per person just for the coach which seems expensive for an 8 mile round trip.

Julie

The Tram does not go to Brugge. The tram follows the coast and goes down to Ostend and beyond.

To get to Brugge you take the shuttle bus to Blankenburge and then get the train. One per hour and the cost is approx 3/4 euros. If you google it you will get the train times.

The station in Brugge is about 15mins walk to the centre but you can take a taxi.

Hope this helps

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

When in Zeebrugge about 18 months ago there were frequent buses from the terminal to Bruges train station. The cost was 2 euro's each way.

Do you not mean Blankenburge? That is the standard shuttle bus route.

Which ship were you on?

Dai

Did Zeebruge in 2006 on Golden Princess. We walked out of terminal gates and got a local bus to Blankenburge station and then a train to Bruges and then a shuttle bus from Bruges station to town centre and then all in reverse. Really enjoyed it - felt good to do own thing and all very reasonably priced.

Did Zeebruge in 2006 on Golden Princess. We walked out of terminal gates and got a local bus to Blankenburge station and then a train to Bruges and then a shuttle bus from Bruges station to town centre and then all in reverse. Really enjoyed it - felt good to do own thing and all very reasonably priced.

We have been to Bruges many times before, last time 3 weeks go. When you get to the railway station in Bruges you don't need to bother with a bus into the centre. Its a nice walk to the Mrkt and an opportunity to take in the atmosphere of this beautiful city. Remember to wear flat shoes and watch out for cyclists!

We are going in July on Ventura how long does it take roughly to get from the ship to Bruges by train. I see you say they run every hour. Then we can do this on our own instead of paying £25 to be taken in. This will give us a rough idea of the amount of time we can allow in Bruges Thanks for the helpful tips keep them coming:)

We are going in July on Ventura how long does it take roughly to get from the ship to Bruges by train. I see you say they run every hour. Then we can do this on our own instead of paying £25 to be taken in. This will give us a rough idea of the amount of time we can allow in Bruges Thanks for the helpful tips keep them coming:)

Hi Roley,

It is about 10 mins in the shuttle bus and 10 mins in the train. I think the train goes at 20 mins past the hour. But you need to check that.

Which ship are you on??

Dai

Hi Dai we are on Ventura leaving 20 June Going back to the Baltics but have not been to Bruges before so any information will be gratefully received as we plan to do our own thing:) these forums are great and have got so much information about places we have even visited so can do different things this time

Hi Dai we are on Ventura leaving 20 June Going back to the Baltics but have not been to Bruges before so any information will be gratefully received as we plan to do our own thing:) these forums are great and have got so much information about places we have even visited so can do different things this time

Hi again

Well being P&O your shuttle will be free and the trains go at 10 minutes past the hour.

Here is a link to the timetable web site:-

http://hari.b-holding.be/hafas/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=m8.0435211.1207608802&OK#focus

So if you can be off about 09.30 you can be in Bruges by 10.20 with plenty time to catch the train at Blankenburge.

Dai

Hi again

Well being P&O your shuttle will be free and the trains go at 10 minutes past the hour.

Here is a link to the timetable web site:-

http://hari.b-holding.be/hafas/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=m8.0435211.1207608802&OK#focus

So if you can be off about 09.30 you can be in Bruges by 10.20 with plenty time to catch the train at Blankenburge.

Dai

Please explain what you mean about shuttle being free? Do they provide free shuttles at all port that are not close to town/city centre?

Please explain what you mean about shuttle being free? Do they provide free shuttles at all port that are not close to town/city centre?

In the brochure it states that there will be a fee for shuttle buses. We have never paid at any port and not at Zeebrugge.

I understand that often the port authorities pay for the shuttles themselves, particularly when there is a long walk to the dock gates eg. Tenneriffe.

Hope that helps

Dai

In the brochure it states that there will be a fee for shuttle buses. We have never paid at any port and not at Zeebrugge.

I understand that often the port authorities pay for the shuttles themselves, particularly when there is a long walk to the dock gates eg. Tenneriffe.

Hope that helps

Dai

I was going to ask a question about Tenerife closer to the date of our cruise, you have read my thoughts! We have been to Tenerife many times before on holiday but I wondered where the ship docks, presumably Puerto de la Cruz, and how far it is from the centre, is it walking distance.

I was going to ask a question about Tenerife closer to the date of our cruise, you have read my thoughts! We have been to Tenerife many times before on holiday but I wondered where the ship docks, presumably Puerto de la Cruz, and how far it is from the centre, is it walking distance.

You get the shuttle bus to the dock gate and then walk about 300/400 yards right to the center of town.

Dai

Hi StLucia,

The ship actually docks in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. From the dock gates it is about 5 minutes (or less) to the shops, about two minutes to the first bar in the town square!

We were on Thomson Destiny in November in Tenerife and were docked closer to the dock gates than Aurora who was also in that day. We walked to the dock gates and it was about 10 to 15 minutes into town. Aurora was a bit further down the pier and the port authority laid on shuttle buses to the dock gates as Dai says.

If you want to go to Peurto de la Cruz or Loro Parc there are plenty of taxis next to where the shuttle bus drops you off all touting for business to these places :)

Eddie

DaiB:

You said, with regard to Zeebrugge:

Apologies for coming back on this, but I'm a bit confused. Can you tell me a bit more about this shuttle bus, please? Is it from Zeebrugge to Blankenberg? Where does it go from? - right at the quayside, or from Zeebrugge dock gate? And (finally) is it a P&O shuttle service, or one arranged by the local authorities?

You also said:

Sorry to be a nuisance on this, but can you tell me what brochure you mean? I'm looking at both the main P&O brochure & the excursion brochure we've received for our 4-night cruise, and I can't see any mention of shuttle buses at Zeebrugge.

Apologies once again for all the questions....

I wrote to Cunard recently to ask about transportation and shuttle buses. This is my reply

We anticipate the Port Authority will operate a shuttle service from QE2

into Rotterdam City Centre.This is normally a complimentary service

however, as this is outside of our control, I am unable to guarantee the

service or any cost involved. Details will be available on-board from the

Tour Office.

DaiB:

You said, with regard to Zeebrugge:

Apologies for coming back on this, but I'm a bit confused. Can you tell me a bit more about this shuttle bus, please? Is it from Zeebrugge to Blankenberg? Where does it go from? - right at the quayside, or from Zeebrugge dock gate? And (finally) is it a P&O shuttle service, or one arranged by the local authorities?

You also said:

Sorry to be a nuisance on this, but can you tell me what brochure you mean? I'm looking at both the main P&O brochure & the excursion brochure we've received for our 4-night cruise, and I can't see any mention of shuttle buses at Zeebrugge.

Apologies once again for all the questions....

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been away.

In Zeebrugge, the shuttle goes from the ship to the railway station in Blankenburg. I do not know who supplies it but we have used it twice without charge.

The brochure does not mention specific port shuttles.

The point about paying is in the fine print in the main brochure.

Dai

Archived