OMG say it isn't so. Do you trust weather forecast?

We have cruised/vacationed in early April for many years. Can honestly say we have had little to no bad weather. One year, we had a rainy day in St Lucia, and here and there a few little showers or clouds in other islands, but nothing serious.

Living in Florida - our forecast pretty much every day calls for rain and most times we don't see it, or see very little. So I would not worry about it. Just enjoy. I am with you though, I really don't want to see anything but lots and lots and lots of sunshine!!

WOW. I knew this was the right place to vent :)

About 2 hours ago my DH was all, "So what if it rains every day." I however am NOT of that persuasion :| Hormonal and sun-deprived does NOT make for a good vacation. And like DS (17) always says, "If mama aint happy aint NOBODY happy". Hmmm. He's such a smart boy.

We are packed and ready to leave this afternoon. Thanks again everyone for your encouragement. I truly have been sent to the attitude chiropractor for an adjustment, thanks to all your great info. I'm trusting you are all correct!

3BB

(Just as a side note, can I sue Royal Caribbean if the sun is not on deck at least 70% of the time? Anybody have a good lawyer?)

You da man, Padraic.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Actually, I was probably convincing myself that there is nothing to worry about. My wife and I will be cruising the Caribbean starting Sunday! I just looked at the forecast for my area (Boca Raton) and it is:

Today: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. High 84F. Winds ESE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

I look out the window the sun is shining with nary a cloud in the sky and all is well with the world!

Padraic

3brothersboston- Our cruise is going to be awesome and that's it. Nuff said. We live in South FL too and 30% is nothing. Wear lots of sunscreen and keep reapplying as the sun is brutal. I'm ghosty white & I live in FL. :eek: :eek: Between work and family-- who has time to tan? Oh wait I minute I do- starting Saturday woo hoo!!

Hope you have a great trip. See my "reframing" thoughts below.

You have no idea how much better I feel after reading all these posts. Really. Thank you so much everyone.

I'm so tired of stepping out of my car into puddles,(you'll be on a cruise, no driving, just relaxing and enjoying) not being able to mow the lawn (the lawn will be there when you get back, probably won't have covered the house yet though so you will have to return eventually) getting drenched at our kids soccer games (no soccer games, just lounge chairs, fruity drinks and being waited on), having our dogs drag mud into our house every day (dogs not allowed on cruises, cabin stewards will handle any other muddy messes) having DEWY skin(a young and refeshed complexion). AGH.

We need to retire on a cruise ship. I'm cashing in the kid's college funds today.

:) :) :)

3brothersboston- Our cruise is going to be awesome and that's it. Nuff said. We live in South FL too and 30% is nothing. Wear lots of sunscreen and keep reapplying as the sun is brutal. I'm ghosty white & I live in FL. :eek: :eek: Between work and family-- who has time to tan? Oh wait I minute I do- starting Saturday woo hoo!!

Shell:

When you see the lone weirdo with a foo foo drink in her hand, floating in the rain in the Solarium? That's me.

We are doing something very cool for our 20th anniversary on the 9th. If you get a chance to scour the promenade rooms on the 7th floor, look to see if you find a door with a bunch of "20" 's on it. Something fun for passers-by :)

Congrats on your one year accomplishment...and many more! :o:o:o

I ALWAYS pack an umbrella when we travel and I NEVER need it. I call it my "insurance" against rain. So go ahead and pack an umbrella and you'll have sunny skies your entire cruise. :)

I have a really cool looking pair of bright red, waterproof, and wool lined boots. I bought them to wear in Ireland March of 06. You know all the rain they get right? Well I wore my red boots with pride. Only for it not to rain ONE drop the whole trip. No mist, no rain, no nothing!! So last Sept, I go back to Ireland with Wales, France, and England added in. Again I wear my bright red boots. Again, NO rain!! The sun was shining brightly in London. They had major rains and flooding the weeks before and the weeks after, but stunning weather the time I was there.

So my boots have became a family joke.

I wouldn't worry about it. My DH did this to me (kept checking the weather) before our wedding cruise in January and I almost let it ruin the week prior to it (because I wasn't nervous enough already!) because I was so worried it would rain the entire week. Like others have said, it'll rain for a few minutes and then the sun is shining. I can't think of a single day where it wasn't sunny 90% of the time but I DO recall having to take cover under a towel every now and then for showers but they passed so quickly it was a non-issue.....unless you have naturally curly hair like I do, in which case don't even bother straightening it. :D You'll have the best time, I'm sure!

Laura

Archived