Kiddie pool

sddeva

Hi,

My husband and I are taking our son on his first cruise in June. He will be 20 months old. We've been on cruises before, but this will be our first "family" cruise. We're going on the 4 day Carnival Elation cruise to Cabo.

It seems that kids are not allowed in the pools, even in swim diapers. Someone on another forum recommended bringing a small blow up pool. Is this okay? How do you fill and empty it, and where do they allow you to put them?

Thanks!

Deva

I just posted this on another thread so please forgive me for repeating. ;)

Elation has a small children's pool but you're right, it is for children who are potty trained. You WILL see kids in diapers in that pool, but they aren't *suppose* to be there. :p

There is a HUGE deck area for an inflatable. Heck there is so much extra deck space on that ship, you could bring a 40 foot pool and STILL have room...lol. (Yes, I'm kidding, but you get my point)

Did they do the Evolution of Fun ADULT area on that ship yet? I was on that ship Dec 06 and the children's pool deck had loads of space. You could take a bucket and fill up the pool from the water in the children's pool. It looks like this...

IMG_1175-1.jpg

The adult area is suppose to go here when the Evolutions come to the ship. So I don't know if this area is still here. If they DID make this area an adult area, then just set up a pool on Lido.

There is so much space on these ships.

You can fill the pool using a few buckets and empty them in the deck's drain, the shower drain (if there is a shower) or in a janitor's sink. Just ask a crew member where the nearest drain is.

I go into more detail on my blog. It was the topic I posted yesterday.

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/

Archived