Florence & Pisa

I am trying to determine whether to do both or just concentrate on seeing Florence. I really don't care either way if I see the Leaning Tower and there doesn't seem much else there, or am I missing something? Does anyone have any experience they can share regarding this shore excursion. Your help is appreciated. :)

The Leaning Tower and the church are really the things to see in Pisa. If they do not interest you then spend all your time in Florence. It is a town where I could have spent many days seeing everything it has to offer.

DEFINITELY concentrate on Florence. Not seeing Florence for a whole day (did the Florence / Pisa tour) was our biggest mistake on our cruise last year. So much want more time in Florence that we are going back to Italy in 2009 in large part to spend more days in Florence.

We've hired a driver and he'll do as we want, leave anywhere when we want to, and go where we want to go, that way we plan on doing Pisa AND Florence and still return to the ship for "Hora Felice". And it'll be cheaper than a ships tour. Where theres a will theres a way !

CIAO, ;)

The Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa is really breathtaking. The ensemble of buildings (including the leaning tower) is a must-see. But it is not necessary to go inside. Have just a look and spend the better part of the day in Florence.

We've hired a driver and he'll do as we want, leave anywhere when we want to, and go where we want to go, that way we plan on doing Pisa AND Florence and still return to the ship for "Hora Felice". And it'll be cheaper than a ships tour. Where theres a will theres a way !

CIAO, ;)

\

We would also like to do Pisa and Florence same day. When we went last year on RCI tour it was a 4 hour tour of Miracle Square and we felt very rushed. Any recommendations for private tour company that does both Miracle Square and Florence for 8 or so people to split cost?

We have been to FLorence before and just want to get to the center of town from the ship. Can you tell me about hiring a taxi and/or driver? Thanks.

8/99 Alaska Celebrity

8/01 Scandinavia/Russia Princess

1/05 Western Carribean Celebrity

10/05 Hawaii Norwegian

1/07 Panama Canal Celebrity

8/07 Hawaii Norwegian

1/08 South America - Celebrity

• 4 weeks later...
better yet do: tuscanybytaxi.it

they charged me 320e's for 2 pax~ ~ ~Liv. to Pisa to Flor. to Liv. (full day)

HiSteve,

How are you doing?

Did you bargain w/TuscanybyTaxi? They wanted 500 on their reservation form for 2 passengers. Thanks, Barbara

John's not big on the historical, art or crowds. I've been to Florence 2X and could spend a summer there, but I thought Chianti area and San Gemignano would be more interesting for John. B

Archived