Dunn River Falls pics

tcfila

Does anybody have pictures they would like to share? We forgot our camera and I would love to find some general photos. We did buy the ones they take, but it was so beautiful, I'd love to have more general shots of it. I remember looking at somebodys photos from a link, but my searches are giving me everything but...

You can feel important. Your pictures will be proudly displayed in my albums for years to come! :D

Does anybody have pictures they would like to share? We forgot our camera and I would love to find some general photos. We did buy the ones they take, but it was so beautiful, I'd love to have more general shots of it. I remember looking at somebodys photos from a link, but my searches are giving me everything but...

You can feel important. Your pictures will be proudly displayed in my albums for years to come!

I'm sure you don't want ones with us in the pic, so here are some general ones we took and some we were given:

at the bottom, beach, and getting in line to head up... ( we are not in these pics )

DunnsRiverBeach.jpg

BeachatDunnsRiverFalls.jpg

OchoRiosJamaicalDunnsRiverFalls.jpg

ClimbingDunnsRiverFallsOchoRiosJama.jpg

DunnsRiverFalls.jpg

DunnsRiver.jpg

Wow~ Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures.... I am curious, was it difficult to bring a camera and take pictures while climbing? Should we bring the disposable water camera instead of our digital on this adventure? How do you hold onto the camera while holding each other and attempting not to fall at the same time? We are leaving this weekend and while I want to get some great pictures I also don't want to worry too much about falling while trying to hold my camera or taking pictures. Thanks :)

Wow~ Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures.... I am curious, was it difficult to bring a camera and take pictures while climbing? Should we bring the disposable water camera instead of our digital on this adventure? How do you hold onto the camera while holding each other and attempting not to fall at the same time? We are leaving this weekend and while I want to get some great pictures I also don't want to worry too much about falling while trying to hold my camera or taking pictures. Thanks :)

I would NOT bring an expensive dig cam along to climb. We did take our dig but put it in a locker for the climb so we'd have it at other places on our tour, but we took a Kodak Sport water camera on the actual climb, got them at W-mart for about $10 bucks, got 4 of them, 1 for each of our ports since we had water related activities planned for each port. They come with a rubber band type strap so I had it around my wrist for the most part. It's in a good sturdy housing so even tho it banged a bit on the rocks now and then you can see the pics came out fine. Some of these I took, some someone gave me in exchange for mine, I can't remember which is which but they were all taken with the water cameras so they do take a nice enough pic.

We took the ship's tour, had a LOT of people in that line so we had 3 guides along the way, plus the videographer. One guy was up front, one in the rear and one going back and forth along the line to help folks at the trouble spots, plus as I say the video guy was there at the various photo op spots. The middle guy and the video guy both helped out by holding our cameras in the spots where we really needed both hands to climb, and they took pics with our cameras for us whenever anyone asked, and they took great pics! I also got the DVD free-long story-they will tell you it's $40 but looking back I think you could talk them down to $20 and it's WORTH IT! I didn't think I'd want to see a vid of me wet in a bathing suit trying to climb rocks but I LOVE watching that vid! It's rough cut, with tinny music dubbed over it, looks amateur, but to me that is kind of part of the charm of it... hard to describe.

I am so envious that you are going there soon! I'd love to go back, loved the shopping at the top of the falls. Many don't like it or are intimidated, I loved shopping there and talking to the locals...

ENJOY!

Archived