Question on Proof of Identity Documents Required

agehman1

My roommate and myself will be on the NCL Star 10/28/04 cruise from LA to the Mexican Riveria. We have been planning this for a long time. We got our cruise documents early. One place stated that only Passport was required and another stated that passport and license or government issued identification is required (with a physical identification). I called my TA and spoke to him to get a clear idea what is required. My roommate at 58 has never driven or had a driver's license, due to being involved in an accident as a child. Recently he got a permit. I was told that a Non Drivers ID is permissable by the TA. We went to the Motor Vehicle Commission locally and were told the only way to get a non-drivers ID would be to submit the permit and get the ID and then start the permit process including testing and all fees over again. They did recommend that we check if a county issued ID is ok with the cruise line if it includes a physical description. We went home and I called the NCL 800 line twice and spoke to 2 different persons about this. We were told that it would be acceptable as long as a physical description is on the ID. How tough are they with the Proof of ID? Does anyone think it will be a problem with the county ID? He has a passport already and I have a passport and driver's license. Any input from recent NCL travelers would be appreciated.

My roommate and myself will be on the NCL Star 10/28/04 cruise from LA to the Mexican Riveria. We have been planning this for a long time. We got our cruise documents early. One place stated that only Passport was required and another stated that passport and license or government issued identification is required (with a physical identification). I called my TA and spoke to him to get a clear idea what is required. My roommate at 58 has never driven or had a driver's license, due to being involved in an accident as a child. Recently he got a permit. I was told that a Non Drivers ID is permissable by the TA. We went to the Motor Vehicle Commission locally and were told the only way to get a non-drivers ID would be to submit the permit and get the ID and then start the permit process including testing and all fees over again. They did recommend that we check if a county issued ID is ok with the cruise line if it includes a physical description. We went home and I called the NCL 800 line twice and spoke to 2 different persons about this. We were told that it would be acceptable as long as a physical description is on the ID. How tough are they with the Proof of ID? Does anyone think it will be a problem with the county ID? He has a passport already and I have a passport and driver's license. Any input from recent NCL travelers would be appreciated.

Here a simple answer. If you both have passports, you do not need anything else to travel ANYWHERE (unless you need a visa, but thats a whole different issue). Your passports are sufficient and accepted everywhere as proof of identity. Relax and enjoy your cruise :) We look forward to hearing about it :) Passports are BY FAR the most convenient and easiest proof of identity to have when you travel.

If you have a valid passport NO OTHER I.D. is required. A passport is considered the "ulitimate" form of identification.

When you don't have a passport; that's when you need to show multiple forms of id.

Archived