Stingrays - No Snorkeling

Mary040402

Is there a Stringray excursion without the snorkeling? We want to do the stringrays and possibly go to a beach.

There is one through the ship but I've read on here that the boats are really crammed so I was thinking about booking it independently.

Thanks!

Is there a Stringray excursion without the snorkeling? We want to do the stringrays and possibly go to a beach.

There is one through the ship but I've read on here that the boats are really crammed so I was thinking about booking it independently.

Thanks!

I don't know of one off hand but if you are a wing-it type of person you could wait till you get to the pier and there are loads of folks holding signs for tours-some you will have seen advertised here or with the other tours that your ship offers, and others that you'd never heard of. Just look around at the signs or listen for what they're yelling out and find one that way.

OR

Another thing to consider is to do what some folks did when we went with NativeWay Watersports "Rays, Reef and Rum Point." They did the rays but when it was time to snorkel they just stayed on the boat, had it all to themselves, and they spent some of the time laying on the bow of the boat taking in some sun and spent some of the time up on the steering tower thingy taking in the landscape. They seemed to enjoy the almost hour that they pretty much had the ship to themselves while everyone else snorkeled. Then off to Rum Point we all went.

Just a suggestion! At $6o pp with lunch and non-alc drinks included you can't go wrong!

Enjoy Grand Cayman!

Thanks! We found one with Island Marketing we are doing the waverunners to Stingray City and then to Rum Point Beach. :)

Hi Mary - We are booked for this excursion in July with the same company. I am very interested to hear your experience with them. I've read some very disturbing reviews of their service. I'm hoping you get lucky with them (and us too). If you could, would you post a review of your excursion with them? That would be great.

Thanks!

We were on the Liberty last week, and we use mobydicktours.com I emailed Mark and he sent an email telling us where to meet them. You do not pay up front and he will only accept cash 35.00, which we liked just in case if we did book with a credit card, and maybe didnt want to go etc, so this suited us perfectly. We found them no problem we drive in a bus with about 20 others to the Marina, then took the boat out to the area. First we did some snorkelling, you do not have to if you dont want to, you can wait on the boat. then we went to Stringray City, you dont have to snorkel here as well. the water is only waist deep and you can walk around the rays. Here is a picture of a lady holding her small son..we highly recommend them.

1482176984_WesternCaribbeanCruiseApril2008087.jpg.d28b1febf927bf3aa62eb5845778be57.jpg

Does anyone know how young swimmers can be on any of the Stingray City trips ? We will have a 5.5 year old and a 7 year old with us, and wonder if the boats have life jackets or snorkel vests for them.

We went with Native Ways http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/ and they had kid sized equipment, most boats around us that I could see that had kids had kid-sized equipment, you should be fine there.

The only thing is that it will depend on how tall your kids are-you may end up having to hold them, b'c they can't be kicking around near the sting rays, you have to be able to stand and just shuffle your feet along the bottom so you don't step on one or hook it's barb. I am 5'2" and the water was about up to my ribs with swells going by that put it up to my chest. You could always carry them out one at a time for their turn to pat/kiss/feed the rays, leaving the other one on the edge of the boat-very safe to do-this coming from a very overprotective mother.

Enjoy the sting rays, they really are amazing :)

Hi Mary - We are booked for this excursion in July with the same company. I am very interested to hear your experience with them. I've read some very disturbing reviews of their service. I'm hoping you get lucky with them (and us too). If you could, would you post a review of your excursion with them? That would be great.

I sure will!

From what I understand they are just a booking company they aren't the actual ones that run the tours. I think I read that in someone else's review. Not sure, but I hope it turns out great. I emailed to ask if anyone else was on that tour and he basically just said that there are upto 10 waverunners in one tour, addtional ones if needed. I don't think he understood that I was asking if anyone specifically was on the same tour as us. Oh well...we'll see!

Archived