walking to Chankanaab Park???

cat2000

We'll be in Cozumel next week, traveling with a two year old (without a car seat). I have concerns about riding in a cab without a car seat, so I was wondering how long of a walk it is to Chankanaab Park? We will be docked at the International Pier.

Also, we may do the dolphin swim at the Park. If both my husband and I do this, we will be able to take a break with our child or should we book two separate times?

Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions for Cozumel with a toddler are greatly appreciated.

Jennifer

Chank park is way too far to walk, especially with a toddler. We've never traveled with a toddler- our kids were older when they started cruising. Don't know what your options are there. Maybe someone who has done that will post.

Also, we may do the dolphin swim at the Park. If both my husband and I do this, we will be able to take a break with our child or should we book two separate times?

Jennifer

IMO, you would want to do separate times, and leave a small window of time for the change over.

Mike

The other posts are right-the park is too far to walk to, especially w/a 2yo. But it's only 10 minutes give or take by taxi, and there isn't an issue w/the police or anything. You will definitely need separate times if you are both going to do the dolphin swim. If you are iffy about the dolphin swim, and just want a great relaxing day, rent a Jeep. We traveled at the end of March w/our 2yo, 11 yo and 9yo. We rented a Jeep for the whole day, which cost about $100 U.S., including extra insurance and refilling the gas tank at the end of the day. They gave us a map, pointed out which beaches were free and sent us off. It was excellent, we had a great time, and our 2yo event got in a decent nap cuddled up to his brother in the back seat! Have a great time!

P.S. - We were worried about the car seat thing too, but it really is a non-issue.

Archived