Past guest codes?

sddeva

Hi,

This week we put a deposit down on a 4 day cruise on the Elation. We have until tomorrow to pay the balance or cancel. We paid $409 each for an ocean view room, which is the same price that is listed on the Carnival website for this room. My husband did the booking and says that they gave us a past guest price. However, I'm wondering how that is a special rate when it's exactly what's listed on the website. I read something in an earlier thread about "past guest codes". I'm not sure what these are...if we had one, would we get a better rate?

Thank you!

Hi,

This week we put a deposit down on a 4 day cruise on the Elation. We have until tomorrow to pay the balance or cancel. We paid $409 each for an ocean view room, which is the same price that is listed on the Carnival website for this room. My husband did the booking and says that they gave us a past guest price. However, I'm wondering how that is a special rate when it's exactly what's listed on the website. I read something in an earlier thread about "past guest codes". I'm not sure what these are...if we had one, would we get a better rate?

Thank you!

The online Past Guest code that I've been using is DP3. It usually doesn't change the price, but gives you a 2 category upgrade.

Hi,

Thank you!

Did you book thru Carnival? If so, when you go on line as a regisdtered user, it should show your past guest # automatically. There is no code to use, unless that particular cruise is listed as a past guest special. If that is the case, it will show in the past guest cruise specials page.:cool:

Thanks! We had booked by calling Carnival. I logged into the website and it did fill in the code for me. The "teaser" rate listed on the past guest specials page was lower, but when I actually proceeded with the booking I didn't see that rate anywhere, even for lowest category interior. The rate for the room we booked was actually higher, so I think we are getting a good deal. We'll go ahead and stick with it...I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing out on any specials. Thanks again!

Did you book thru Carnival? If so, when you go on line as a regisdtered user, it should show your past guest # automatically. There is no code to use, unless that particular cruise is listed as a past guest special. If that is the case, it will show in the past guest cruise specials page.:cool:

Very few cruises show up in the "Past Guest Specials." If you use a code when booking, I use DP3, then you do get some perks such as a 2 category upgrade. This isn't on all trips, but it's worked on most of mine even though they don't show up as a past guest special.

Archived