Ship time vs. Local time in PV

If I remember correctly there was a difference in ship time and local time in one of the ports and I think in was Puerto Vallarta, but I can't remember which way it went, ahead or behind.

We booked a local excursion, so I need to have my memory refreshed so that we don't miss it.

If you are on a typical 7-day Cabo-Mazatlan-Vallarta cruise, most ships will have ship's time set to mountain time just as you approach Cabo from the north. That makes ship's time one hour behind local time while in Vallarta. Ship's time should revert back to California time as you sail north past Cabo on the way back to your home port.

The ship's crew will make sure you are aware of this and will tell you over and over again that you have to be back to the ship by a specific time. If your ship sails at 5 PM ship's time, it will be 6 PM local time in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

If you are on a typical 7-day Cabo-Mazatlan-Vallarta cruise, most ships will have ship's time set to mountain time just as you approach Cabo from the north. That makes ship's time one hour behind local time while in Vallarta. Ship's time should revert back to California time as you sail north past Cabo on the way back to your home port.

The ship's crew will make sure you are aware of this and will tell you over and over again that you have to be back to the ship by a specific time. If your ship sails at 5 PM ship's time, it will be 6 PM local time in Vallarta.

Enjoy!

So, if I have an excursion at 11am, it's really 10am ship time.

Archived