Questions about kids at night- Dawn

kmch

What are activities for families at night on board the ship? Are most of the shows at night appropriate and/or appealing to kids in the 8-12 year old range? Are there places to go at night where you can sit and have a drink AND where your kids are welcome? I like some adult time but it's also about 'family time' and I don't want to make the kids go to the kids club activities every night. I want to spend time at night with my kids too.

I was on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago and my kids 16 & 13 were happy going to the shows with me. They liked the family kayoke, too. On our 5 day cruise they only had a couple of shows that were "adult only" and those shows were late at night.

Hope that helps :D

You should find many places to enjoy your family time. Look in the freestyle daily and it will have shows, etc. that are for 'Adults Only' and it will be easy to know the one's you should avoid.:) There might be a few during the week but I don't recall there being that many of them. The 'big' nightly entertainment shows are for all to enjoy. The 'Adults Only' might be for comedians and such.

I was on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago and my kids 16 & 13 were happy going to the shows with me. They liked the family kayoke, too. On our 5 day cruise they only had a couple of shows that were "adult only" and those shows were late at night.

Hope that helps :D

We were on the same cruise and did pretty much the same things. My 11 yr old and our teens enjoyed the shows we went to, and the family karaoke was a good venue for adults and children alike.

I thought they did a good job with notifying which shows were appropriate for adults only.

I must comment that my 17 yr old (rather conservative) DD thought that the costumes and dancing in the Jean Ann Ryan 70's show were a little suggestive and should have had a PG-13 rating. My 11 yr old son just said "huh?" I thought that was rather amusing. Of course, my son had chosen seats for us in the 6th row, so it was all there right in front of us at eye level, slick, bare chests on the men, very tight pants, some skimpy costumes for the women, lots of gyrating hips and I will admit the whole thing seemed rather flamboyant. But that's ok, it was a pretty good show.

The Cirque Bijou show was very good and not to be missed. Kind of like a Cirque du Soleil thing with some dancing and stuff. (Not sure my spelling is correct, but close enough!)

We were on the same cruise and did pretty much the same things. My 11 yr old and our teens enjoyed the shows we went to, and the family karaoke was a good venue for adults and children alike.

I thought they did a good job with notifying which shows were appropriate for adults only.

I must comment that my 17 yr old (rather conservative) DD thought that the costumes and dancing in the Jean Ann Ryan 70's show were a little suggestive and should have had a PG-13 rating. My 11 yr old son just said "huh?" I thought that was rather amusing. Of course, my son had chosen seats for us in the 6th row, so it was all there right in front of us at eye level, slick, bare chests on the men, very tight pants, some skimpy costumes for the women, lots of gyrating hips and I will admit the whole thing seemed rather flamboyant. But that's ok, it was a pretty good show.

The Cirque Bijou show was very good and not to be missed. Kind of like a Cirque du Soleil thing with some dancing and stuff. (Not sure my spelling is correct, but close enough!)

I agree with and applaud your 17-year-old about the costumes. I was surprised that the kids club brought the kids to most of the shows because of suggestiveness of some of the shows. Most nights kids can go to kids club. The entertainment on most of the boats usually also includes Family Feud, a talent show, and karaoke.

Most nights kids can go to kids club. The entertainment on most of the boats usually also includes Family Feud, a talent show, and karaoke.

I'm sure that Family Feud, talent show and karaoke were available on your NCL cruise and were appropriate for children.

There are not MANY shows/games where your children cannot attend. And, if the show does not permit children..that will be noted in your daily.

Unfortunately, many of the game shows do coincide with the Stardust theatre shows and you must "run" to enjoy them all. Best to look at your "daily" and decide.

Enjoy your cruise..plenty to do with your children:)

Archived