Balcony Cabin-AOS

We are looking at booking this ship-I have heard hump cabins give you the best view. Are they private? Are any of the decks better than others? Any pictures would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know if they are plexiglass or metal?

Center hump has the best view but you will see gorgeous views no matter where you are on the ship. I prefer midship and a floor between two floors of cabins rather then over any public areas.

the balconies are metal. On AOS (Explorer and Voyager too), the balcony openings on deck 6 are smaller than the ones on the upper decks. (The balcony itself is the same size, but the cutout "window" is more restricted.) Not a huge issue, but if you have the option, select a balcony cabin on another deck besides deck 6.

Here's a photo of the balcony on deck 6 of Adventure.....we LOVED deck 6 and will definitely book there again if we have the chance. We've had cabins on deck 6 on Explorer and Adventure, both near the elevators and couldn't have been happier with the location!

http://thumb15.webshots.net/t/59/659/6/71/61/2782671610045486895DmUfLk_th.jpg

lauriedun...did you get your cabin?

Yes! I got 7618...center hump!

Marshabear...we are sailing 3/22/09...what is your cabin #? Take pictures for me! Is it the southern caribbean itinerary?

Social cruising...hump cabins are where the ship rounds out in the center. Not all ships have them. I think DH stands for dear husband, although in my mind sometimes I choose a different adjective depending on how he is acting. ;)

Archived